Questions about the PayPal Debit or Prepaid Card?

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Have you ever been in a situation where you needed immediate access to the funds in your PayPal account but you don't have internet access?  Perhaps the Zombie Apolocalypse has happened and you can't wait for a bank transfer to come from PayPal to get cash.  If only you had heard about the PayPal Debit or Prepaid MasterCard sooner! 🙂

PayPal offers two types of cards that can be used to access funds in your PayPal account when making purchases with any merchant that accepts MasterCard.  We call these two cards the PayPal Debit MasterCard and the PayPal Prepaid MasterCard.  Let's learn more about these awesome PayPal features:

PayPal Debit Card

https://www.paypal.com/debitcard

What are the requirements to be eligible for a PayPal Debit Card?

• Have a Premier or Business account in the U.S or have received at least $500 with a Personal account within the last 12 months.
  • Have a confirmed address. The easiest way to confirm an address is to link a credit card whose monthly statement is sent to a physical street address (not a PO box). 
  • Complete PayPal identity verification by providing your SSN, date of birth, and residential address.
  • Be an active PayPal member in good standing.

How does it work?

Existing PayPal users may apply for a PayPal Debit Card.  Once the application is approved, a physical card is sent to you and arrives within 2-4 weeks.  You can then activate the PayPal Debit Card to link it with your PayPal account.  The card can be used with any merchant that accepts MasterCard.  This can be very helpful if you want to use your PayPal account but a merchant is not set up to accept PayPal payments.  The PayPal Debit Card can also be used at an ATM machine to instantly withdraw cash from your PayPal account.

Are there any limits?

The PayPal Debit MasterCard does have daily limits in place for your security.  The default daily limits are:

• Daily spending limit is $3,000.00 USD
  • Daily ATM Limit: $400.00 USD.

How much does it cost?

The PayPal Debit MasterCard itself is free.  for details.

Do I need to have money in my PayPal account to use the PayPal Debit Card?

Surprisingly no! 🙂  You can set your bank account as a back-up funding source for the card.  For your security, you can also set a daily back-up limit.

Anything else?

You can earn 1% cash back when you sign for a purchase!

Where is the fine print?

Here ya go:  The PayPal Debit Card User Agreement

The PayPal Debit Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to license from MasterCard International Incorporated. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC. MasterCard is registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.

Common Questions and Issues

I have money in my PayPal account but I can't withdraw the funds at an ATM. HELP!

Make sure that your withdrawal is not over the $400 USD Daily withdrawal limit.

Also make sure that you are selecting "Checking" as the account type at the ATM machine.

My debit card has been stolen or lost? What do I do?

First: Try not to worry. 🙂  The PayPal Debit Card has 100% protection against unauthorized charges with the MasterCard Zero Liability policy. Conditions and exceptions apply - See Cardholder Agreement.

Second:  Report the card as lost or stolen on the PayPal website. Click here to view the instructions.

Third: If you see any unauthorized payments, call the number on the back of your card right away to report these charges.

Why was my PayPal Debit Card declined?!

Possible explanations:

- The debit card was declined due to insufficient funds in your PayPal account.  Try setting up your bank as a back up funding source.

- The payment would exceed the $3,000 USD per day spending limit for the card.

- We are concerned about your security and our security system has blocked the payment.  Please call the number on the back of your card for assistance with this issue.  We know it can be annoying but your security is our top priority. 🙂

How do I change my Debit Card PIN?

We make it easy to change your PIN on the PayPal website in the Wallet or profile settings for your account type.

Or click here to be taken directly to the page.

PayPal Prepaid MasterCard

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com

FAQ | Cardholder Agreement

The PayPal Prepaid MasterCard is a newer product than the PayPal Debit Card and shares many of the same features plus some extra features as well.  You do not need an existing PayPal account to request or use the PayPal Prepaid MasterCard, but linking your PayPal Prepaid MasterCard to a PayPal account does grant access to many useful features. Learn more at www.paypal-prepaid.com .

I hope this information is helpful to learn about these products or assist you with questions you may have about using these cards.  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask the community in Help: Ask the Community > About Products.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.