Tip for suspect phone number

patron_vectras
New Community Member

I was going through my brand new Mint.com acct and was categorizing transactions from my past 90 days.

After resolving all the different gas stations and restaurants, bookstores and parking fees... there was one $9.99 transaction left...

By looking at the transaction with more detail, I discovered a section of inherent data from the electronic transfer of money that Mint.com displayed for my convenience. 

What did I buy that was $10? Who is "Digitalrive"? How to best find out?

I searched Digitalrive and found it a company named Digital River. They assist in global transactions.

I searched the number inherent in the transaction history. I found tons of people freaking out over this number. There are even some other threads on this very forum. This is a legitimate phone number for Pay Pal. It can theoretically be included in traces of wire fraud and scams, but is in no way an indicator of illegal activity.

After checking my email from that week, it turned out the transaction was a payment to a Russian company for a video game. Categorized!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.