Moneypak & Paypal Nightmare SOLVED!

TrialAndError

For anyone "pulling their hair out", trying to fund their PayPal account using a GreenDot MoneyPak card, I found the fix!

Problem: The last step in "funding" (transfering money) to my PayPal account from the GreenDot website receives the following errors -->

1. "We were unable to process your request, please try again."

(Then, after trying again, the following error message ...)

2. "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again in an hour."

Solution: Change the settings in your PayPal profile's "My Selling Tools" -> "Block Payments" -->

1. Uncheck: "Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab"

2. For this one session, I also unchecked most of the other blocks, including: "Pay with eCheck or German bank transfer for all website payments except eBay."

3. Wait (I waited approx. 15 minutes) before trying, once more, to complete the transfer from the GreenDot MoneyPak webpage to PayPal.  >  >  >  This time it worked! <  <  <  (You will see an ad displaying all the locations to purchase the MoneyPak cards. Close the ad, using the "X" in the upper-right of the ad). Your confirmation number will be displayed (in red) under the banner indicating you have reached the third and final step "Get Confirmation".

4. After another 15 minutes (or less), log into PayPal and notice the "Payment from Green Dot MoneyPak" is listed in your "Transactions" list.   > > >   YOU MUST AUTHORIZE IT --- IT IS STILL PENDING!  < < <

5. Click on this transaction in the list and accept the transfer from Green Dot. The amount will be instantly available.

Enjoy!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.