Community Forum Posting - Tips / Help

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I am still a  newbie to the Paypal, & the Forums.  I am not sure this is the correct place to post this tip/question, but I did not see an actual Topic listed for " Community Forum Posting Help" under the " US Paypal Community " listings.

Could a Topic Link be added for Q & A help with Forum Posting?

* My tip/question is:   When we receive a reply that has solved our problem or we have replied to someone's question and that has solved the problem....  Who/How does the post get marked as "SOLVED" ?  I think this is a great way to Flag a post  to show others where the Solved posts are located. Many times someone visits the Forum Posts when they are in the middle of a problem and it would be helpful seeing their problem Topic with a "Solved".

Is there a Solved button somewhere within each post topic?

Jean   Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi JeanQA,

Great question! 🙂

That option will show for the original poster of the thread.  For example, here's one of your recent posts as an example to show where this button is located:

solutionbutton.PNG

Since you created this thread, you'll be able to see this button at the bottom of this post.  Once the original poster clicks that button, the thread is marked as solved on the forums and it will show up under the "New Solutions" section on the Forum home page.  The post will also be marked with a little icon.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Frank wrote:

Hi JeanQA,

Great question! 🙂

That option will show for the original poster of the thread.  For example, here's one of your recent posts as an example to show where this button is located:

solutionbutton.PNG

Since you created this thread, you'll be able to see this button at the bottom of this post.  Once the original poster clicks that button, the thread is marked as solved on the forums and it will show up under the "New Solutions" section on the Forum home page.  The post will also be marked with a little icon.

- Frank

Hi Frank !!!   thanks so much.  I thought I clicked one of those somewhere, but I couldn't find another post with that

button...  maybe a lot of my posts where started from other members....

Thanks again for your help !! 

Jean    Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi JeanQA,

Great question! 🙂

solutionbutton.PNG

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
Solved

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Frank wrote:

Hi JeanQA,

Great question! 🙂

solutionbutton.PNG

- Frank

Hi Frank !!!   thanks so much.  I thought I clicked one of those somewhere, but I couldn't find another post with that

button...  maybe a lot of my posts where started from other members....

Thanks again for your help !! 

Jean    Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.