possible compromise of password when using sign in box when doing a payment

RobertWord
Contributor
Contributor

when i pay for something on ebay i choose to pay by paypal its a great service, something that has recently been playing up on my computer, it would be better for me ask everyone concerned if i can walk them through the sequence of my payment, OK here goes.

i wanted to buy a music CD off ebay clicked the buy now box then selected the payment method three or four options. i selected paypal at the top of the list begin to enter my email already entered with the help of Norton 360 or i assume that's how that works. i then began to enter my password in the lower box marked password. enter first character (which is a number) of the password as a dot then mysteriously appears in the sign in box as the number appears as it should be (not a dot) so in essence in theory if the user that me or you does not realise what has just taken place in theory you could unknowingly reveal your password to all and sundry when this happened. i noticed something ells my virus scan Norton was defeated it happened once, could not get my head around that but that has not happened again yet.   i immediately cancelled the transaction and  changed my password when logging out of the prepayment method box in paypal. i went further than that i did a full in depth virus scan with my Norton 360 virus scanner it said the system is virus free (clean). i also use malware byte's free version that drew a blank (big green tick) system OK i'm still running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. if anyone out on this forum has had the same issue please reply, have tried to take this up with paypal as the corrvid -19 is still in the picture paypal support is not available here in the UK (people manning the phones for a support chat) if anyone has had the thing happen to them lets us all know about if it is a virus the it is a serious breach of our security and put us all at risk of being conned out of our cash. Rob      

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.