has paypal frozen all russian accounts keyword russia russian

craiganddog
Contributor
Contributor

I cant seem to find any information on what Paypal has done to freeze all Russian accounts.  Does anyone know?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Wyzoon
Contributor
Contributor

I looked this morning and couldn't find anything. I'm going to send a direct message to Paypal, asking for their position and also stating I will boycott their services until they do stop Russian accounts from using Paypal.

Here is the statement about Visa and Mastercard:

March 1 (Reuters) - U.S. payment card firms Visa Inc and  Mastercard Inc have blocked multiple Russian financial institutions from their network, complying with government sanctions imposed over Moscow's invasion of Ukraine.

Visa said on Monday it was taking prompt action to ensure compliance with applicable sanctions, adding that it will donate $2 million for humanitarian aid. Mastercard also promised to contribute $2 million.

Login to Me Too

NeoEureka
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, no! Please don't do that! If you frighten them that much, they would tremble in terror and would beg you not to boycott them! Don't be so cruel.

Login to Me Too

AllenTownsend
New Community Member

Good for you!  Same here I just removed all if my cards effectively shutting down the account.  But I won't be back.  Voting with your dollars is much more powerful than the ballot box.  

And to the clown in here commenting that PayPal is shaking in their boots, they should be.  You see in business little girl, companies work very hard to gain and retain a loyal customer base.  They do not like the inverse.  I also imagine they do not like you very much either at this point.  

Login to Me Too

SuperNiko
Contributor
Contributor

go boycott useless dog. Nobody cares what you think

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.