downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I would like to downgrade my account from business to personal account. My account used to be personal account but I upgraded by mistake. I tried calling the customer service but it is down due to COVID-19 and the downgrade option is not showing up on the "Email Us" section. Can anyone please help me? I would very much appreciate it.

Also I'm from Canada.

Login to Me Too

KGonzaga
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Anonymous_User,

Thank you for reaching out to PayPal. I'm sorry to know that you are experiencing this kind of situation provided the circumstances brought about by the pandemic, it is quite challenging to get a hold of a representative. However, we still have another option for you to try.

Please click on the help & contact link at the bottom of any PayPal page and select the chat option si we would be able to make the necessary changes to your account.

Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

banky99
Contributor
Contributor
I mistakenly registered my account as a business account and i want to downgrade to a personal account. I have sent countless numbers of emails and PayPal keeps replying with the same reply and sending me to the FAQ section. The FAQ lists a certain number of steps to follow, but the funny thing is, none of these steps are found on the PayPal website( maybe it’s a country thing). I have sent countless emails and even tried calling but get the same message «  due to covid-19... no calls » What else can i do? Please the steps from MY ACCOUNT ———> downgrade are not available !!!
Login to Me Too

duvoir
New Community Member

how do i changed my account from a buisness to personal i pressed buisness by accident now i cant accept my money

im still young lol

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@duvoir 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jimmy04
Contributor
Contributor

can someone help me? 😧 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimmy04 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jimmy04
Contributor
Contributor

thank you so much! Hope you have a great day 🙂

Login to Me Too

nahomunguia
Contributor
Contributor
change my business account to personal
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nahomunguia 

OR

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.