canceled orders and paypal policies

busyuser
New Community Member

I believe that Paypal should review their policies on cancelled orders.  This has to do with the $ .30 fee that is never refunded in a cancelled order.  If the buyer requests a cancellation, the buyer should have to pay that $ .30 non-refundable fee.  If it is because of the seller, than, yes, the seller should have to pay the $ .30 fee.  For example, I sold an item.  The buyer paid for the item through Paypal.  One hour later, the buyer said she pushed the wrong button and wanted to cancel the transaction.  So, I complied.  Ebay cancelled all of the fees.  Paypal refunded the customer and reversed my transaction.  However, I lost the $.30 non-refundable fee.  In this case, the customer should have been the one to pay for that fee.  It was the customer's mistake.  However, Paypal ALWAYS charges the seller this fee.  This is not the first time this has happened.  It seems to me that, on cancellations, Ebay could easily send Paypal a notation that would say charge the seller or charge the buyer the $ .30 non-refundable fee. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.