assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

ToFran
Contributor
Contributor

Please answer! This thing is opened since 10/2015.

What about contacting paypal via support?

This is an easy feature to iplement and its VERY requested.

At least answer with why you are not enabeling this feature.

Login to Me Too

ToFran
Contributor
Contributor

What if someone posted here on My Feedback for PayPal.

Edit: Go to your paypal account on the bottom of any page click HELP & CONTACT, then click Feedback (in the bottom too) and suggest adding the nickname from there. I hope they hear this way.

Login to Me Too

LABeachGeek
Contributor
Contributor

Contacting support will get you............

"GREAT IDEA!  I'll pass your idea to ________"

Heard it years ago with my last PP acct, and still the same response now.

Login to Me Too

ethyner
New Community Member

This is what I was going to suggest also - I see a bunch of you beat me to it.  I'm very disappointed to hear PayPal does not read these posts, I hope you are wrong about that.   A nickname could not be that hard to add and it would be great to have.  

Login to Me Too

ezerini
New Community Member

I have about 8 payment sources and cannot remember all of the details. Need this! Such a pain without for me. No memory! 

Login to Me Too

KC9WPE

+1 For the ability to name payment methods. I too have multiple cards attached and would benefit greatly from this feature. 

@Paypal - Any feedback for the community??

Login to Me Too

adamc28

I'm looking forward for this feature too.

Login to Me Too

SWLinPHX
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know if many of you know, but as late as 2011 or maybe even later PayPal did indeed have a feature to nickname or label linked PayPal accounts and credit cards.  My first couple are labeled but later, when I went to add more, this ability was removed.  So the question is, why did PayPal remove it in the first place??

Login to Me Too

ToFran
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal, please add it.

Or at least reply with some explanation justifing why wont you add this feature.

Login to Me Too

SWLinPHX
Contributor
Contributor

They removed this feature around 2012.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.