assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

charmingcoda
New Community Member

I see I'm not the only one who wants this. I have multiple cards with the same bank, and the specific reason I only use one of them with PayPal is that it lacks a card nickname feature. I'd probably use the service more if I could nickname them.

Login to Me Too

qrow
Contributor
Contributor

Good day!

I have two bank accounts linked to my PayPal account that are nearly identical (same bank and same number except for one digit) and it can get very confusing. Is there a way to change the names of the linked accounts? Some searching seems to indicate that you used to be able to, but not anymore. PayPal, I would love to be able to give my accounts and cards aliases for ease of use!

Login to Me Too

TimM116
Contributor
Contributor
Been asking for this for Ashbourne 4 years now, don't think PayPal listen!
Login to Me Too

gSe7eN
New Community Member

I'm pretty embarrassed admitting this, I know I'm overlooking something simple, but I can't figure out how to set my card names. "VISA" and "MasterCard" don't cut it, I need "CapitalOne Black" or "Apple Card" etc. I wasn't able to find the directions either. Any help? Thanks so much, sorry for the newb question.

Login to Me Too

lilyclason
Contributor
Contributor

You're not overlooking. People have been asking for this simple feature for well over 10 years and Paypal refuses to add it. The mod just moved your question to a 23 page thread full of people asking the same thing and falsely labeled "solved." 

Login to Me Too

TZiady
Contributor
Contributor

LMAO...People have like had children and those children have gone to war and died of old age and stuff. And this Zombie thread is still here! 

LMAO....

Would be the simplest change ever. Include a tag / name field for CCs and bank accounts. 

LMAO...

Sorry, I love to visit this post every few years when someone else adds something to it. 

Love you all,

Happy holidays and all that BS...

😛 

Tamer

Login to Me Too

phreak97
New Community Member
I want this feature too! I use several cards and always have to get my wallet out to see which is which! I’ve had two kids since this thread was started!
Login to Me Too

Hamunaptra
Contributor
Contributor

I just have to add my name to this.  This thread is the only reason, in 20 years of having a PayPal account, to become a community member.  This should have been done years ago.  

Login to Me Too

aidanflynn02
New Community Member
I have a few cards and I'm wondering Is it possible to put a nickname on the different cards so I can tell them apart.
Login to Me Too

tmcfarlandjr
New Community Member

There are circular references here back to 2016. Is this a planned feature?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.