assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

del_will
New Community Member

Let me start by saying I love Paypal, especially during the holidays.  It the best place for me to have a list of all the sites I've purchased from and can reconcile with what has been delivered to what I paid for through Paypal.  I also dont't like giving my card information on various random sites with all the news for cyber security and breaches. I also like the notifications  to my phone, becuase some stores don't charge until they ship, and I can better manage my funds with those notifications to know that money is still wiating in my account to be debited.

With that said, 1 suggestion for improvement. I have my checking , credit card, and various debit cards listed as methods of payment,  and will allocate depending on what type of transaction I am doing (business services payment, recurring utility payments, pleasure expense, etc..) It would be great if Paypal let me store a nickname for those methods of payment so I knew which card was which, instead of having to remember which last 4 digits of a card go to which account. 

Otherwise keep up the good work Paypal!

Login to Me Too

danabb
New Community Member

Is there a way to add a nickname on the cards, such as "personal", "business" etc so that you can easily see which card you want to use for a transaction?  For tax purposes I need to keep my personal and business transactions and easy to recognize.  

Login to Me Too

marylbc
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to "nickname" my debit and credit cards?  It's very confusing to have Visa and Mastercard as the only clue to which card is which account.

Login to Me Too

bnk_911
New Community Member
I have too many cards to keep track of all tge last 4 digits of them to know which one I'm picking without getting my actual wallet out . WHY cant I rename my cards in my wallet ?
Login to Me Too

nripin

+1 for this feature request

Login to Me Too

cb1701
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see a way to do this, so wondering if the moderators can take this above to the coders but we use multiple cards to pay for purchases (business / personal) but we have to look at our wallet all the time to remember what card is what.  Can you add a nickname or something like that field so we can easily define which card?  

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for all your feedback and suggestions regarding this feature. I definitely understand everyone's request to have this implemented! Although this isn't something PayPal has currently, we're always looking for ways to improve each user's experience. Your voices regarding the need for this feature is definitely being heard! We'll update you here if this is added at a later time. 🙂

Edit 11/15: Just for clarification, I understand that this feature hasn't been created, therefore this topic isn't technically "resolved." We mark responses as a solution to ensure they float to the top of the thread and that anyone who accesses the thread can view the message. I apologize for any confusion regarding this, and I can guarantee this is still being monitored and requested per your continued interests in this feature. Thanks for your patience!

Edit 5/28/2020: Great news! This feature is currently being rolled out to everyone in stages, and should be available as a feature on all accounts soon. We appreciate your continued updates and requests regarding this! Hopefully the option should already be in your accounts, or appearing soon. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

NEtime
New Community Member

This is a basic feature that should be simple to implement!

Login to Me Too

-SG-
Contributor
Contributor
And it takes them 4 years to acknowledge this basic feature!
Login to Me Too

buildforrent
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ashley_Moderator

LOL!!!!!  Archives have this feature requested from 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offense, but We will believe it when we see it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.