assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

hinclanr
New Community Member

Ok... we have been heard... a year and a half ago.

This request are going back to 2010.

Is that much of a deal to add an extra field en that DB table?

Login to Me Too

mark1914

NO! definitely not SOLVED yet!

I will repeat my previous post:

I just thought, I'm "clever in a little different way..."
couldn't give individual names for my cards

finally I went to that (useful) forum

... and realize, we have common problem for years!!!

shame!

Login to Me Too

aih79
New Community Member

Paypal - This really needs to be fixed to prevent accidentally selecting the wrong credit card.  Its just not that hard, add a field and append it to the card name.

Login to Me Too

Mamichula703
It 2020 and it’s been years since we have requested this feature. Is it really that difficult to implement?
Login to Me Too

TimM116
Contributor
Contributor

Every time I log into paypal it asks me to stay logged in - every time I tell it NO! This happens EVERYTIME, I'VE TOLD IT NO!!  This being the case how can it be so difficult for the Card section to actually display my nickname for the card,  really getting sick of asking for this. 

paypal ARE NOT LISTENING AND ARE NOT INTERESTED! 😖

Login to Me Too

RRRausch

Every other website where I store my credit card info supports nicknames to make it easier to keep track of my cards so I use the right one.

How are we in 2020 and Paypal STILL does not have this feature?

There is probably no other feature that more people want from Paypal to "improve their user experience" than this.

I give Paypal -9 internets for this.

Login to Me Too

It's been ten...years since this feature has allegedly been requested for the first time. This is not a complicated feature. @PayPal_AshleyM do you have any idea if or when we can actually expect this to happen?

Login to Me Too

Been exactly 2 years since this "solution".  Still so confusing! I have 5 different accounts with the same bank (me, wife, daughter, business, credit card), plus 2 other work-related accounts. Gee-whiz it sure would be nice to simply add a nickname to each of these! PLEASE PAYPAL... how can we trust that you are a technology leader if you can't add what seems to be a pretty benign feature that many people have requested!

Login to Me Too

GreenForrest

OP question was asked four years ago and still no resolution? Come on PP, get with the times and improve user interaction with nicknames for each card. Even my local little credit union allows this on their accounts.

Login to Me Too

Co_
New Community Member

Seriously PayPal... do this already.

Let me add a nickname or identifier to each card that I have added to my account. 

It is so simple and would help us all a whole lot.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.