assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

lilyclason
Contributor
Contributor

Ashley, it's been 5 years. Any update on implementing this feature? All my bank accounts have the same last 4 digits, there is literally no way to tell them apart.

Login to Me Too

TZiady
Contributor
Contributor

3 years since I have asked. And still using Paypal. Now with more competition from banks and other similar services; it is perhaps time to look into another option other than paypal. I understand the technical reason for marking this resolved; but the sheer demand for this feature and the complete ignorance by the company makes it clear that client requests are not taken seriously. Funny, as I could not even imagine this feature would be that technically difficult. Likely someone not willing to spend the few man hours that it would take to figure out a viable solution. Very sad, that PayPAL has continued to ignore this request.

Login to Me Too

Daneish
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Ashley, it’s been 18 months since your post advising PayPal are interested in feedback regarding the request to allow creation of card nicknames. There continues to be requests for this feature. Are there any updates from PayPal? - Daneish
Login to Me Too

AndresJMontanez
Contributor
Contributor
I think it has been a year from this response and yet I am still not able to add a nick name to any of my cards. Something tells me that PayPal is not even considering making it a thing.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi AndresJMontanez, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

There is no option to add a nickname to a specific bank/card. We do take customer's feedback on board but not all suggestions are implemented. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

lilyclason
Contributor
Contributor

"We do take customer's feedback on board but not all suggestions are implemented. "

Any reason WHY? We have proof in this thread that customers have been asking for this for TEN YEARS and we have 22 pages of requests.

It does not sound like it should be a hard thing to implement, please let me know if I am wrong.

Why does Paypal refuse to implement this request?

Login to Me Too

bartkliebert
New Community Member

I have several connected accounts with the same bank, and I'd like to name one "Personal" and one "Corporate" etc.

Can I change the name of accounts? I do not see this option in settings.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

TZiady
Contributor
Contributor

So, @PayPal_AshleyM, tell me. How many people have asked for this very simple feature by now? I am just wondering? Yes, I am still tracking it. Since 2014. It will be 2020 soon. You think there is a chance of this ever happening?

Login to Me Too

LelandSpeed
New Community Member

PayPal would have more people agreeing to the solution if they didn't have to sign up to be a member of this community.  A very nice 2019 Christmas present from PayPal would be to include "nickname" for accounts.  I like many have more than one debit or credit cards.  So when buying something I know which account I would like for it to come out of and when all I get is Mastercard or Visa without any other rememberable designation it prevents me from using PayPal.  So PayPal do yourself a favor increase the number of potential transactions by including this feature.  The same goes for bank accounts... Seeing the bank name is of no help when you have multiple accounts with a single bank.  

I use PayPal for the security of the transaction and the resolution center.  Help me and others by including the "nickname" designation into your program.  

Thanks

Login to Me Too

JHanks64
Contributor
Contributor

Now it's December 2019 and this very needed feature still isn't implemented.  How bad is this??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.