assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

marcolopespt
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem... it's a MESS to identify cards... WORST: Paypal sometimes suggests ANOTHER card and does not care for the order they are inserted... so sometimes i make a payment on the WRONG CARD.

I believe this feature is not implemented to confuse consumers!!! 😕

Login to Me Too

pengulu
Contributor
Contributor

Being able to give nicknames to the cards/accounts is an absolute necessity, not window-dressing.

I am an International Legal Adviser, active in several jurisdictions.

At one point I had over a dozen cards registered in PayPal, from different countries, in different currencies.

It was all so confusing that I have let most of them expire and now there are only two of the dozen still working.

I simply stopped using PayPal, as it was simply impossible to know each time which card, in which country and on what currency the charge would be!

If PayPal does not heed this feedback about adding readily visible freindly names, I am sure I will not be the only one who will turn his back completely to it

Login to Me Too

flakeyblake
Contributor
Contributor

Anytime I dont have a cheat-sheet I made at my home, I have to log into my bank to cross reference the last diugits of an account so I can pay from the right account. Amazing Paypal does not have this universally accepted feature. 

Login to Me Too

Braschlosan
New Community Member

Why hasnt this feature been added? I have five cards named "visa" and it's a pain to get the card out and verify which account I've selected every time 

Login to Me Too

Scifibob

I don't think this feature ever is going to be added.
They don't care about our needs, just our money.
And they know that sooner or later we are crawling back to our account setup to verify those obscure names, so why should they care?

And if this message is not posted, it's because hey keep telling me that there is higlighted errors to fix. But there are none.

Login to Me Too

Scifibob

Well, there was one "error", I forgot to check the "I'm not a robot" box, but it was NOT HIGHLIGHTED!

At least not in my Ubuntu Chrome browser.

Otherwise, we have way different opinions of highlighted..

Login to Me Too

EP5
I just selected the wrong card and got an overdraft. Please PayPal add the ability to use nicknames. My Domino's app even allows nicknames. This thread has been going on for years and PayPal has not paid attention. Is there any way to get them to pay attention to their customers?
Login to Me Too

EP5
Everyone needs to flood customer service with this request. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us
Login to Me Too

rovelist

Paypal,
we [the customers] really need this [absolutely useful] feature!

Login to Me Too

Bloggs

After 3 years of posts, all requesting this feature - the same feature that most banks offer, still no response from PayPal?

Unbelievable, come on PayPal get with it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.