Tommy Robinson

Darhut
Contributor
Contributor

Why was Tommy Robinsons account closed? If I don't get an acceptable answer I would like to close my account also.

Login to Me Too
225 REPLIES 225

Customerdisatis
New Community Member
I have done the Same. Ended my account. Will not be a party to an unfair bias of business practices.
Login to Me Too

CynthiaMB
New Community Member
I’ve just had an email from the organisation ‘Sumofus’ that leads me to believe that PayPal are involved with financing Tommy Robinson’s racial hate rants. This scares and disgusts me - does anyone agree? Or can Paypal throw more light on the matter? Thank you
Login to Me Too

NPC-Jeff
Contributor
Contributor

ANy ideas?  Think it's acceptable?  Think that a monoploly like Paypal should be able to take down tech start-ups that challenge the big three?

Login to Me Too

JohnSnowcone
Contributor
Contributor

I think it is wrong.  The common saying is "go make your own platform, companies can do whatever they want."  Well, they did and they got deplatformed.  Yet whenever the shoe is on the other foot, it's usually something along the lines of "bake the cake, bigot."  The public is experiencing a wave of internet censorship from Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Gab and now Paypal.  Only the Leftist ideas are enjoying free expression.  It's wrong and it's a great demonstration of why we need an Internet Bill of Rights.   We know what will happen when BitChute finds a new payment processor.  They are going to get pressured to shut it down.   

What about all the creepy spiderman videos touching kids on YouTube?  Surely perverse videos like that violate PayPal's acceptable use.  But of course nothing will happen to YouTube because YouTube is a Left Ally.  Be a shame if all the censorship currently used against the Right is used against the Left in the future. 

Login to Me Too

StGood
Contributor
Contributor

If I am not mistaken this is how the Nazi's took power before WWII.  There was no freedom of the press and it appears PayPal is playing their part.  I cannot find any articles where PayPal defends or even speaks to the action they took.  Finally if you think the first sentence of this message is incorrect try this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_in_Nazi_Germany

Unless some type of meaningful response appears quickly my account will be closed too

Login to Me Too

capeda
New Community Member

Yeah, currently trying to closing my account here.  No interest in allowing myself to be a part of corporate bullying tactics.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

This has crossed the line for me. A lot of events in the past few years should have done that in retrospect, but whereas those instances could have been lost as part of a growing mass hysteria that PayPal fell prey to, this is a boldly outrageous move that falls solely on them.

I was approaching 10 years with my PayPal account and never had any major issues, but I've had enough of this death spiral so many North American and European companies are intent on going down. Continue to have your incestuous HR/PR departments influence critical business decisions on warped moral grounds and bend the company to the whims of juvenile opinion pieces spewed out in blatant coordination. The slightest ripple any viable startup causes - be it ideological or financial - is now grounds for instant termination. If they are to survive, then they must follow absurdly stringent regulations that the monoliths are so fortuitously unfettered by. When you demean and cast out entire swaths of a largely neutral userbase who do not follow lockstep with your ideology, where do you suppose they will go? To a competitor site. Continue to squash every little outlet like a deranged beast that sees red everywhere and the long term ramifications need not be stated.

Closing my account is severing a nice convenience in life, but I can adapt. To keep it open would be a cowardly half-measure. Nothing short of PayPal sacking everyone from the highest exec to the lowliest maintenance worker can convince me to come back at this point.

Login to Me Too

bobnegri
Contributor
Contributor

Amusing that someone had an issue with your post.

The whole reason I have a PayPal account is to fund BitChute. No BitChute, no reason to have a PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230112CF
New Community Member

I plan on closing my account.  If PayPal wants to play censorship games, then it will go broke.  I am going to find another payment system.  PayPal is in league with corporate fascists, and needs to be punished by the free market.

Login to Me Too

abluejelly
Contributor
Contributor

This. 100% this. 1000% this.

Financial services especially should only be removing people for illegal activity.
Especially not the ideology of "Free Speech is a Good Thing".
I've delinked my Steam account- Valve actually stands for something worth-while. I'm also tracking down any subscriptions I have being paid through you guys, and pull as many of them off as I can. I already watch my credit card like a hawk, and I have to do so even without you. The only thing you offer me is convenience (and the ability to cut Google's margins on the sub-20$ app sub I have). If you're gonna make moves like this, I'll happily put forth the extra effort to not deal with you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.