Wondering why PayPal has a political measure for some clients?

Nick_O_Time
Contributor
Contributor

I'm wondering why I am hearing that PayPal has some kind of unstated political measure that it uses on some clients, and has denied financial services to some unknown number of clients, based on that measure? Shouldn't all financial institutions stay out of politics and focus on just the finance services it offers. Aren't all financial institutions and money-moving companies pay attention to only the transactions being legal and quickly transacted? I would hate to think that a service I have used for many years is denying service to some clients based on their politics, no matter what kind of politics those were.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

almado1985
New Community Member
We will not be using PayPal if they want to keep these policies!
Login to Me Too

Nick_O_Time
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar emotion, but first, I want to fully understand why an excellent company like PayPal is doing this. If there are any PayPal monitors to this forum, I would like to see PayPal comment. What do the politics of a merchant or user have to do with the financial transactions? If this sort of policy existed in all banks and financial companies, then it would split our country in half.

Login to Me Too

ColorJoh
Contributor
Contributor

First they become ubiquitous and then they start lashing out at the hands that fed them! It’s disgusting behavior. I will cease using PayPal and go to the less convenient way and pay with my bank card until someone comes on the board and corrects this. All this globalist push is not for me

Login to Me Too

ottawa44
Contributor
Contributor

Come to downtown Ottawa and see how you feel then.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.