Why peypal wants personal data for its users

jacm11
New Community Member

1) A proof of identity: You need to verify your identity by providing us with a copy of a government-issued photo ID, such as a passport or driver's licence. It must show your date of birth, as well as the issue date and expiry date. The full document needs to be visible. We cannot accept partial documents.

2) A proof of address: As proof of address we will accept a copy of a utility bill (such as a phone, broadband, health insurance, gas, water or electricity), an official government or tax related letter, or any bank or credit card statement. The document must show your full name and address as they appear on your PayPal account and cannot be older than 12 months. The document must be fully legible.

Your card statement is a document provided by your bank which shows a summary of your card payments for a set period of time. Some banks send this monthly by post while others provide an online version. If you do not have online access to your statement, you must wait for your bank to send it by mail.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jacm11

For verification purposes and to reduce fraud.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shuka410
New Community Member

exactly I am not submitting full copy of government issued ID for reason they don't disclose

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.