When did PayPal become a political organization masquerading as a financial service?

ConcernedUser3
Contributor
Contributor

When did PayPal become a political organization masquerading as a financial service? Since when did the company that takes payment for crap sold on eBay develop the nerve to deem themselves the judge and jury of what’s right and wrong, true and false? Have they noticed their stock tank over the last several years?

Who is making these awful decisions???

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

oldeschool
Contributor
Contributor

people are leaving in droves due to PP "we decide what's acceptable" policy

#BankruptPaypal why  is trending on Twitter

Login to Me Too

Dhyslop11
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure, but they lost most of the trust I had in their services over this crap. Time to remove my bank accounts from the app, although I may just delete my account entirely.
Login to Me Too

hughster1
New Community Member

paypal is dead to me !!!!  had to get political, now will go broke. will NEVER use them for anything.

Login to Me Too

Husqysaw
New Community Member

Tried to close my account today and I received a notification saying I could not close my account online and to call customer service.  I called and I am currently on hold waiting with a 3-hour wait time.  Ridiculous!!

Login to Me Too

emnow
New Community Member

Can't believe that a company that was started by Elon Musk would alienate it's users that way. Ok, so they said it was in error but have you read the entire Acceptable use Policy... nothing has changed and a minor statement is elaborated in multiple places. I tried to close my account but they said I have a credit and can't. I can't find any credit information.

Login to Me Too

RSebire
Contributor
Contributor

The "internet" has been weponised.

It is no longer the information super highway we where once privy too.

I doubt PayPal ever were what I would call normal and respectable to begin with.

Login to Me Too

Darkwing67
New Community Member

I definitely agree. I hope that many more do as well.  Continue to word your concern in different forums to spread the word across as many platforms as you can and never forget to screenshot.

Login to Me Too

syfr
Contributor
Contributor

"who is making these terrible decisions"

A coward who hides behind the "we made a mistake" lie.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.