What happened to PayPal????

TERRORISM
New Community Member

I've been a PayPal member since 2005 and have literally spent hundreds of thousands of dollars through the company.  They used to provide top-notch service, but in the past few years everything has gone completely down the toilet.  Maybe this is why eBay divorced them a couple years back and will be switching from PayPal as their preferred payment service.  Here are a list of issues (not complete, by any means) that I've been having to deal with regarding PayPal lately:

1)  Excruciatingly long hold times (if you can even reach someone at all) - I was just on the phone with "Rizza" in Manila and she placed me on hold for OVER AN HOUR.  I had to hang up and call back.  This is ridiculous.

2)  HORRIBLE IVR - You have to literally fight with PayPal's IVR and say the same things over and over and over again.  I speak perfectly good English and enunciate my words, yet the system continues to tell me how "sorry" it is or how it "doesn't understand" when I simply say "representative".  How does this system not understand "representative"???

3)  Horrible customer service - Some PayPal rep was literally arguing with me last week when I called and asked to speak with a supervisor.  He stated asked for my account info and I declined to provide it, asking again to speak with a supervisor.  Instead of simply transferring the call, he refused, argued, and continued to inform me of "PayPal procedure".  I don't CARE about "your procedure".   I'M THE CUSTOMER.  And I am making a very SIMPLE and REASONABLE request:  JUST TRANSFER THE CALL.  All this after FIGHTING with the IVR for nearly five minutes and being on hold for another 20+ minutes.  Ridiculous.

4)  PayPal doesn't charge to send money to friends and family, yet I sent money to my wife in the Philippines because she has almost no money and needs payment for her teeth to be taken care of.   Payment was sent as "friends and family", yet PayPal charged both me AND my wife a fee!  Just HORRIBLE.

After all this I really don't want to use PayPal anymore.  Once again, I've been a member for nearly 14 years and spent huge amounts of money through them, but they literally couldn't care less about their most loyal customers.  Time to find an alternative. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

JIkuvbogie72
New Community Member
My money is no where to find since I send it from my account to PayPal. Customer Service is unreachable. No one to talk to Their number is not Going. What is going on here? My money is just lost like that??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.