Tommy Robinson

Darhut
Contributor
Contributor

Why was Tommy Robinsons account closed? If I don't get an acceptable answer I would like to close my account also.

Login to Me Too
225 REPLIES 225

DB111

Just to let paypal know that you are losing business as a result of banning infowars.  I will use any alternative form of sending and receiving money I can find.  No longer will I pay a web site through paypal.  I will only give my credit card.  At this point, there are some places where there is no alternative to paypal.  I will knuckle under in these cases but paypal has lost all my good will.  They are knuckling under to the other tech giants who are such hypocrites that they are helping China spy on their own citizens.  Adolf Hitler would love you.

Login to Me Too

FreedomLover
Contributor
Contributor

I understand pay pal has recently banned Info Wars from using it’s services because it does not agree with Info Wars’ politics. While I do not subsribe to Info Wars, this assault on free speech and attempt to inject left wing politics into the ability to use modern commerce is unacceptable.  

There is no excuse.

This will be my one and only comment on these boards.  

Pay Pal is an absolute disgrace. 

I will be withdraw 100% of my funds from Pay Pal shortly and joining a permanent boycott of Pay Pal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Closing accounts won't change Paypals mind, its all been done before with protests and threats of account closure on other topics folks disagreed with, makes no difference.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BAKED-JESUS

I find this offensive. To fall in with bullying tactics with the social medias. An attack against america the constitution and our freedoms. Using this platform to attempt to bully and starve out your members is wrong. There are many of us who use your platform who love and watch the infowars show. You have a good platform please i beg you dont ruin your platform many of us use and love the platform. Please re think your actions I dont wish to loose my account but i cant stand or accept this. If you do this i must hold to my values and find someone who would accept my values of freedom. Social media wish to hurt them selves with bulling people in this way so be it. But dont fall to their tactics stand for us and our freedoms and we will stand with you.

Login to Me Too

lakisbrine
Contributor
Contributor

What you did here is plain wrong.  You hurt someone who did nothing to you.  Plain and simple.  I wish great companies, such as yourself, would stick to their design by trying to be the best company they can, rather than being liked as forward thinkers.  Since you are now supporting suppression of views by killing off individual livelihoods, I can no longer do business with you.  I will only be using your free services from now on.  No more loans, no more transaction fees.  If you remove your free options, Ill go somewhere else.

I'm sorry it has come to this, you were a great company, but I dont condone your actions.  They are wrong.

Login to Me Too

BTierney
New Community Member

Is it true that PayPal refuses Infowars to use PayPal?

Login to Me Too

wcomptis
Contributor
Contributor

Wow - after reading Paypal's decision on Infowars, I must admit my **bleep** filter is full. 

"At PayPal, we are guided by a core set of values. Chief among these is inclusion."

- Oh, you mean inclusion only if you agree with it.  Now I get it.

..."We undertook an extensive review of the Infowars sites, and found instances that promoted hate and discriminatory intolerance against certain communities and religions that run counter to our core value of inclusion.

-Oh, you mean Islamist Extremists?  That's right, we must "include" everyone, even if they mean to harm our country and our way of life.  

..."We believe that hatred and discrimination have no place in our democratic society and, we do not support this conduct."  

-So, Paypal is not discriminating against Alex Jones and Infowars?  Ever heard of the 1st Amendment.  It protects you too.

..."We work hard to achieve the right balance and to ensure that our decisions are values-driven and not political."

-This is clearly political - at least own up to it.

I have been using Paypal for several years and will be closing my account once my final transaction is complete.

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Login to Me Too

moose000
Contributor
Contributor

How much did you get paid to ban Infowars? Hmmm? Big mistake. You're finding that out. We Patriots will not sit idly by and allow our freedoms and the freedom of others to be usurped. I can send money via my bank's service. I can accept payments via Square or other Merchant account services. Re-instate Alex Jones and Infowars! Whatever you got paid will run out and you will have lost many, many customers- UNLESS YOU DO THE RIGHT THING.

It's your move.

Login to Me Too

vmdsteve

I am closing my paypal account due to their fascist business practices. EVERYONE BE AWARE that your information will NOT BE DELETED from Paypal's database after you close your account. I called the customer service line and after 2 requests to have my case escalated, at 4:15 PM spoke with Brian whose Paypal ID is #46937. When I requested all my information be deleted from their database, he replied that there is no way to do so. Needless to say, I objected, and his response was that I could "write a complaint letter" to Paypal.

That's right, and web based company asked me to write a letter, have it delivered by snail mail, and that's it. Again I objected, and he stated that I "could take legal action against Paypal".

Class action lawsuit time if you ask me...

Login to Me Too

NCVigneron
Contributor
Contributor

Is it true that PayPal blacklisted InfoWars?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.