Unbelievable hold times to get support on the phone....

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

I needed to contact Pay Pal Support by telephone, and after entering my one-time passcode, I was put on hold to wait for an available agent....

When I say put on hold, I MEAN put on HOLD (for like almost an hour)!! Man Mad  It was ludicrous really, but I guess they figure they can thin the complaint crowd like that or something. Whatever the case, has anyone else been subjected to this, or is it just a fluke on me??

Thanks in advance!!

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

quinnlane
New Community Member

57 minutes so far for me, using the one-time passcode. I also have extreme phone anxiety so this is hell, for a thing that could take seconds to fix.

Login to Me Too

brands

On hold with their Montreal office and have been on hold for 1 hour and 30 mins thus far...also I'm calling to try and resolve a dispute for over 1250 dollars It's like they aren't even reading all of the evidence I have to support my claims...it seems all dispute resolutions are settled automatically in favor of the buyer. Why do they even bother to have you submit all the evidence if they don't even consider it. 

Login to Me Too

Dougherty90
Contributor
Contributor
Same here — 2 hours without any human interaction. I finally hung up and am going to close my account. Ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

estunner
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here and seems paypal doesn't care.

Seems they need to make their clients job more easier such adding an appeal for a cases etc.

Login to Me Too

chizops

I haven't spoken to anyone and I've been on the line for over an hour.

Login to Me Too

Paperquad
New Community Member
4 hours an counting almost closing time now!
Login to Me Too

JRawk
Contributor
Contributor
Still on hold going on an hour and ten minutes...does anyone even work there? PayPal sucks...they **bleep** up everything...about ready to find an alternative
Login to Me Too

Johnnievinyl
Contributor
Contributor
Im on hold now.1:35:46 and holding. Draconian in their treatment of customers.
Login to Me Too

califunsb
New Community Member

I have been on hold for ONE HOUR and few minutes and still holding to get a representative on the phone, ridiculous!!! Last time using paypal!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.