Tommy Robinson

Darhut
Contributor
Contributor

Why was Tommy Robinsons account closed? If I don't get an acceptable answer I would like to close my account also.

Login to Me Too
225 REPLIES 225

MrMurray
New Community Member

Can Paypal please explain why Tommy Robinson's account has been closed so the rest of us do not make the same mistake.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrMurray

Why not ask them.

All these threads are stopping folks needing help for genuine problems being delayed getting it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GoTommyRobinson
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know and understand why Paypal has seized Tommy Robinson's funds and closed down his account.

I personally have donated money to that account that was seized and I am very unhappy about this.  You can be sure that I will tell everybody that I come across in my life to cancel their paypal account unless this is rectified immediately.  I cannot believe this type of fascism occurs in the western world today.

Login to Me Too

Cygnet2365
New Community Member

I’m just about to close my account too....Tommy Robinson is doing his best to help this country, just this last week fundraising for a much needed wheelchair for a young disabled girl, exposing grooming gangs, terrorists and rapists etc...and what do PayPal do? Side with those who quite obviously have much to hide...up yours paypal, all my family and friends and all their family and friends so on, so forth will be asked to do the same...I hope PayPal sink big time!!!

Login to Me Too

GoTommyRobinson
Contributor
Contributor

Good on you.

I just donated to Tommy Robinson again using another financial instrument.  Its not like we NEED paypal and its not like paypal can shut anyone down.

But we can shut down paypal because we don't need them.

Login to Me Too

Libervurto
Contributor
Contributor

Big mistake, PayPal.

I refuse to do business with a company who practises political discrimination.  Get woke; go broke.

Regards

Login to Me Too

Ovi2
Contributor
Contributor

So PayPal can discriminate against some who don't share the same political bias, and they do! There are at least some utterly pathetic and unfair individuals who work at PayPal and use their own political biases to ban members with opposite political opinions.

This happened before PayPal. How come you did not get rid of those leftists who bring their own biases to work? The entire platform has become crap because of censorship.

PayPal stop being unfair. Now we know that you will ban us at a whim so we can't plan to use PayPal because it's so unstable and unpredictable. Get to work. Stop being emotional. Bring Tommy back and be fair.

Login to Me Too

slackjaw59
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal should not be involved with political bias. Tommy Robinson has been smeared unfairly by the media, and paypal is buying into it. Tommy has done and continues to do great acts of kindness at his own risk. He has defended girls from rape gangs and his efforts have led to the exposure and prosecution of primarily Pakistani Muslim grooming and rape gangs. He risks his life every day in defense of his country. Most recently he raised 21,000 pounds for a high tech wheelchair for a girl with cerebral palsy. Come on paypal, give him a break! Stay out of the fray of bias against Tommy. 

Login to Me Too

Holdfast
New Community Member

I was saddened to see that PayPal has taken this stance. It would seem that people are closing their accounts over this. If this is not addressed within the next two weeks I will join them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.