Tommy Robinson

Darhut
Contributor
Contributor

Why was Tommy Robinsons account closed? If I don't get an acceptable answer I would like to close my account also.

Login to Me Too
225 REPLIES 225

Krisztián1
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL, you can bulls**t all you want, this is just political censorship, and toxic, crazy political correctness pumped to the max, thats what you do. 

shame on you.

(from the EU)

Login to Me Too

Dee_Plorable
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal needs to stick to their knitting. Your only job is to facilitate payments. Facilitating payments doesn't make you a supporter of ideas with which some of your staff might disagree. You have one job. Limit yourself to doing that without choosing sides and you might not become a total irrelevancy as people choose to leave your Orwellian company behind in favour of firms who don't try to interfere with the free flow of ideas and information.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dee_Plorable

As a seller i can decide who i do business with and if i don't want to then i either block them or refund and don't sell to them.

If it was a shop on the high street they can ban buyers or refuse to sell to them.

So why do you want to take away paypal 'right' to do business with who they want to do business with?

Its their site and if they don't want to do business with someone then thats their right to not do so.

Its called free speech and free rights.

Why should they do business with someone just because you and your cohorts say they should?

Would you be happy if I told you who YOU could do business with?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Krisztián1
Contributor
Contributor

no, absolutely not, and youre absolutely wrong! here in the EU you have absolutely NO RIGHT to deny someone service based on your liking them or not! that applies to private companies/startups etc also. as long as it is a public service! of course as a private person YOU can decide who you do business with but thats a completely different thingy

paypal is not a private person its a company offering public service. irrelevant what they write in the contract about this because a contract cannot overwrite ot go above local laws. you get the picture? 

remember the sweet shop owner who denied making a cake for a gay couple wedding? He was prosecuted and fined by the authorities.

SAME THING! 

and no, you cant ban buyers until they do something criminal in YOUR shop, or  doing someshing wrong there, showing up dirty, intoxicated, harassing customers etc. If something similar doesnt happen you have no right to deny them. 

Login to Me Too

Lexy93
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Could you help me? 
Tudnál segíteni? El-elboldogulok az angollal, de a paypal külön fogalom ... 

Login to Me Too

Krisztián1
Contributor
Contributor

absolutely agree! its like a bank would decide who can have a credit card or pay online, and who cant. its lunacy. 

Login to Me Too

benrm_50
Contributor
Contributor

It was democrat congress people who pressured the tech companies to de-platform Alex Jones and Info Wars.  Therefore, this IS a first amendment issue.  Congress people issued veiled threats of breaking these companies up if the platforms didn't censor political content, and they mentioned Jones specifically.  So this is government shutting down Jones, albeit indirectly.  Really Jones should sue the congress people who attacked his first amendment right.

Reinstate Jones please.

Login to Me Too

GoTommyRobinson
Contributor
Contributor

First InfoWars.  Now Tommy Robinson.

**bleep** you PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

EndophDaize
uphold this... progressive fascists
Login to Me Too

InfoSupporter
New Community Member

PayPal has chosen to ban InfoWars.Store from PayPal, I will be terminating my paypal account on the day that becomes effective.  I object to PayPal and the Internet Cartel Oligarchs censoring political speech and commerce of those they do not agree with.  This is unfair business practice and anti-American under the Bill of Rights and Civil Liberties.  I will not be party to groups such as PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.