Tommy Robinson

Darhut
Contributor
Contributor

Why was Tommy Robinsons account closed? If I don't get an acceptable answer I would like to close my account also.

Login to Me Too
225 REPLIES 225

acavalea

I, too, am closing my account. BOYCOTT PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

temp20180922
Contributor
Contributor

Totally with you guys. 

Eat a **bleep** paypal.

Login to Me Too

Customerdisatis
New Community Member
Since i found out that George Soros has purchased paypal and you have banned use by Infowars,Alex Jones i want my Account Closed immediately. I have removed my info and the ebay App which i will no longer be using. Just want to let you know why i will no longer be doing business with your Company.
Login to Me Too

moose000
Contributor
Contributor
Is this true??? Are you kidding me? If so, I'm outa here as well!!! EVERYBODY needs to know this if it's true!
Login to Me Too

Serendipitea
Contributor
Contributor

I became familiar with Alex Jones and Infowars mainly via his YouTube videos on Journalist Tommy Robinson's arrest in UK.  He had a bombastic but credible report on apparent Free Speech violations.  Nevertheless, I read PayPal's TOS and still wonder what a payment processor is doing reviewing and judging the speech of its members on other platforms.  Unless PayPal accounts are being utilized for criminal activities, this is akin to busy-bodiness and political discrimination.  This case is similar in my mind to the American baker being prohibited from not baking a cake for a same-sex couple.  The courts did not allow the baker to refuse service because his religious beliefs contrasted with those of the customers. 

Login to Me Too

dtv12574
Contributor
Contributor

Well Said! I agree!  Let us do business with who we want to!

@Serendipitea wrote:

".... what a payment processor is doing reviewing and judging the speech of its members on other platforms...."

Login to Me Too

TruthNotHate
Contributor
Contributor

Correct. 
When did we appoint Paypal as arbiter of free speech and truth? 
I'm closing my account.

Login to Me Too

HippieVanMan
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal's position on INFOWARS is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!  The problems in this world come from too much tolerance, and not enough intolerance. Just like every other commenter on this thread, I too will be ending my long association with PayPal. I'll forever delete my account on October 1st if INFOWARS is not reinstated. This is a prime example of leftist big tech COLLUSION to deplatform a conservative voice - a voice that has more listeners than CNN, MSNBC, and other leftist media sources COMBINED!!! That in and of itself is proof there are more conservatives in America than there are liberal leftists. My personal opinion is the people in charge at PayPal are making a HUGE IDIOTIC business mistake. I'm going to enjoy watching PayPal's stock value go into the toilet.  

Login to Me Too

dtv12574
Contributor
Contributor

I concur!

Login to Me Too

drury

Since there are a few products I buy that only accept Paypal, I will not be closing my account outright, but from this day forward if I can avoid using Paypal I will.  Payment channels are supposed to be neutral.  They are not supposed to have values.  Paypal is not protecting anything by kicking conservatives off their site.  I don't even like Alex Jones, but I will not participate in this liberal fascistic deplatforming.  Calling something hate speech is nothing more than you sad liberal left coast puppies crying that you don't like something.  Well, you have made it clear that you don't like me, and I don't like you.  Could some rich red-stater please create an alternative to this fake American payment business?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.