Tired of Fake Claims by Buyers

cincyseller
New Community Member

Does anyone know of a Class Action Lawsuit currently in action or in planning against Ebay or Paypal?  More specifically, a lawsuit for failing to protect Sellers on Ebay and Profits on PayPal? 

I'm tired of getting scammed on Ebay.  I've had two buyers submit fake claims in 2 months. Each time I've had to fight to either keep my money or file complaints with the BBB because neither Ebay nor PayPal would support me as a seller.  I'm a Power Seller and would NEVER sell anything NOT AS DESCRIBED in my listings.  I'm tired of it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cincyseller

In the event of an item recieved but not as described dispute it is always one persons word again anothers......paypal does not see what you send OR what the buyer 'says' they received.

So they 'tend' to favour the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item back to you at their own expense first.

That is all in the user agreement that you agreed to when you opened your paypal account BUT.................

their is nothing to stop you taking legal action against the buyer if you think you have enough proof IF that option is available in your country?

Failing that online selling is always a risk just like physical shops have the risk of shop-lifters etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.