The #SPLC and PayPal banning users for their political beliefs

jacklangworthy
New Community Member

Is there a community protest or movement against this?

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

eframe2
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone click on MeToo button showing you had this problem too. 

Login to Me Too

NoPolitics123
Contributor
Contributor
How do I close my account(s)? I will not support or be involved with a company that uses the Southern Poverty Law Center to determine who should be banned from Pay-Pal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NoPolitics123 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1215

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ticked3006
Contributor
Contributor

So, only a short time PayPal with SPLC and I can’t get into my account until I do several minutes of humiliating security moves and entries. Ever time I sign in I am asked to confirm info.  It is beyond my comprehension why PayPal would hook up with such an org.

Login to Me Too

davidboozer
New Community Member

If this is true, after 10 plus years here I will be moving my business elsewhere.

I have been with you for just over ten years, so is this true? And if so, I am going to have to move my business elsewhere. <removed>

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@davidboozer 

Whatever happened to mailing in a donation?! Be patriotic and help the US Postal Service, a public trust might I add, by mailing in a donation. Freedom of speech comes in many forms. I'm not siding with anyone, just looking at it objectively. If you're rely on a company of all things when it comes to such ideas as freedom of speech you got it on backwards. Aren't the conservatives the ones that say corporations are people too?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Pepper1217

I really don't understand why a business would alienate a good share of their customers by supporting left-wing, anti-American, racist, hate-filled groups/practices/policies. Businesses should be in the business of doing business. Conservative's money is just as good as any other's money.

Login to Me Too

Vdsavell
Contributor
Contributor

Is PayPal moving to activism supporting the left half of American polity rather than being politically neutral?

Login to Me Too

V8v83838

I have been a ebay member for as long as they have been in business. Each time I hear where ebay has got political I find other ways to get my products. First it was the Confederate flag removal  and now they team up with is hate group Splc   I will be waiting for ebay to come back to me , not me going back to them. Ebay left me not me leaving them. I am doing all my business with Amazon until I hear back from ebay 

Reg

Login to Me Too

whitst
Contributor
Contributor

I will consider using PayPal in the future when they publicly denounce SPLC and publicly reinstate conservative accounts.  I have been a PayPal customer since their formation in 1999.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.