The #SPLC and PayPal banning users for their political beliefs

jacklangworthy
New Community Member

Is there a community protest or movement against this?

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

drwjd

After the SPLC labeled the Family Research Council (FRC), PragerU, Maajid Nawax, and a ream of catholic charities as hate groups or extremists, I can see the SPLC is no longer (or has never been) anything more than a political action committee acting with fascist tendencies. Why would PayPal partner with them?

What other alternative partnerships were on PayPal's shortlist prior to selecting the SPLC? Or was the SPLC selection a thoughtless a knee jerk reaction to internal pressures or changing legal challenges? My position is that if PayPal doesn't provide a thoughtful response publically to its customers within the next few weeks, I will terminate my account. I have been a PayPal customer for the better part of 20 years and recognize that there are a lot of other alternatives.

https://blog.hubspot.com/sales/paypal-alternatives

Login to Me Too

sandbox
Contributor
Contributor

I still don't get why companies like PayPal insist on **bleep** off such a huge chunk of customers.  Pretty soon they won't need SPLC - there won't be enough conservatives left to bother censoring.  Including this one.  

Login to Me Too

jlwhithaus
New Community Member

PayPal CEO admits they are  blacklisting conservative sites.  I am a conservative.  This is insulting.  Does anyone else have a problem with this.  I see a huge lawsuit in PayPal's future.

Login to Me Too

EdwardWarren
New Community Member

I have been a member of Paypal since it began.

I am quitting today because Paypal has become part of the Democrat Party and along with providing financial services is engaging in political activities I do not agree with. 

Login to Me Too

srebak
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a Paypal member for many years. I prefer to engage with a company when doing my credit exchanges and NOT a political party. It is a poorly administered company who lets itself get entangled in the affairs of lying, finger pointing ,and shaming of any side in such a disgraceful state of affairs. I will adjust my life business affairs accordingly

Login to Me Too

baybreeze3
New Community Member

Why is a firm like Paypal supporting the Southern Poverty Law Center's targeting conservatives?  What has politics got to do with e-commerce?

Login to Me Too

freedomordeath
Contributor
Contributor

I find CEO Dan remarks very disturbing. Cooperating with an anti-white hate group is not acceptable. The Southern Poverty Law Center actively promotes white hatred and genocide. Mark of the Southern Poverty Law Center keeps a chart on his office wall showing the decline of white populations around the world. These are sick people and I wont support them. Convince me other wise or I'm closing my account.

Login to Me Too

techstrade
Contributor
Contributor

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019/february/paypal-partnering-with-leftist-anti-christian-splc-to-...

Time to find paypal alternative...

. I don't want to use Google Wallet since they have enough of my information and venmo doesnt seem to care about sharing your information either. Have any of you used Dwolla or Payoneer?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.