cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The #SPLC and PayPal banning users for their political beliefs

New Community Member

The #SPLC and PayPal banning users for their political beliefs

Is there a community protest or movement against this?

47 REPLIES 47
New Community Member

PayPal CEO Admits Partnership with Far-Left SPLC to Blacklist Conservatives

I am conservative and it appears PayPal does not want my business.  I will be cancelling my account and suggest all conservatives do the same

New Community Member

Re: PayPal CEO Admits Partnership with Far-Left SPLC to Blacklist Conservatives

Ditto. Unless PayPal publicly and categorically agrees no longer to discriminate against conservatives, I too will be dropping my account. I'll give them a week or so.

New Community Member

I am closing my account. Why would I support the SPLC, an organization determined to undermine our democracy.

Highlighted
New Community Member

Dear PayPal.  Get your act together.  SLPC is a fraud.  It labels all non-progressive viewpoints and organizations as hate groups.  They label organizations that support traditional marriage as hate groups.  They simply seek to destroy reputations.  They are a fraud.  I too will cancel my account.  Don't be fooled by this fraudulent organization.  

New Community Member

Sharing users information

Since PayPal will be partners with the SPLC how long before users personal information is shared with them ?

Re: Sharing users information

@tlcutter wrote:
Since PayPal will be partners with the SPLC how long before users personal information is shared with them ?

Pretty had to get an opinion on someone without sharing PI.  

New Community Member

How do I know that PayPal is handling data discreetly ?

Is Paypal really "partnering" with a leftist organization to consider banning their opponents?

Today the Drudge Report linked to an article in Christian Broadcast News saying that Paypal is is partnering with The Southern Poverty Law Center to identify who to blacklist. Now I support anyone's right to decide who they want to do business with, and I'm no fan of the organizations listed there that Paypal has blacklisted. However, I am concerned about Paypal's partnership with the leftist activist Southern Poverty Law Center. Is this report of a partnership accurate? If so, I think it will not work to the Paypal network's advantage.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019/february/paypal-partnering-with-leftist-anti-christian-splc-to-...

New Community Member

Is Paypal really "partnering" with a leftist organization to consider banning their op

After the SPLC labeled the Family Research Council (FRC), PragerU, Maajid Nawax, and a ream of catholic charities as hate groups or extremists, I can see the SPLC is no longer (or has never been) anything more than a political action committee acting with fascist tendencies. Why would PayPal partner with them?

What other alternative partnerships were on PayPal's shortlist prior to selecting the SPLC? Or was the SPLC selection a thoughtless a knee jerk reaction to internal pressures or changing legal challenges? My position is that if PayPal doesn't provide a thoughtful response publically to its customers within the next few weeks, I will terminate my account. I have been a PayPal customer for the better part of 20 years and recognize that there are a lot of other alternatives.

https://blog.hubspot.com/sales/paypal-alternatives