The #SPLC and PayPal banning users for their political beliefs

jacklangworthy
New Community Member

Is there a community protest or movement against this?

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

jmac7
New Community Member

I am conservative and it appears PayPal does not want my business.  I will be cancelling my account and suggest all conservatives do the same

Login to Me Too

MrEmerson
Contributor
Contributor

Ditto. Unless PayPal publicly and categorically agrees no longer to discriminate against conservatives, I too will be dropping my account. I'll give them a week or so.

Login to Me Too

ceokaty
New Community Member

I am closing my account. Why would I support the SPLC, an organization determined to undermine our democracy.

Login to Me Too

DavMat3
New Community Member

Dear PayPal.  Get your act together.  SLPC is a fraud.  It labels all non-progressive viewpoints and organizations as hate groups.  They label organizations that support traditional marriage as hate groups.  They simply seek to destroy reputations.  They are a fraud.  I too will cancel my account.  Don't be fooled by this fraudulent organization.  

Login to Me Too

C-urchin
Contributor
Contributor

The SPLC is a far left hate group and shouldn't be advising paypal about anything. I also am looking for an alternative if paypal doesn't cut all ties with SPLC by September 1st.

Login to Me Too

tlcutter
Contributor
Contributor
Since PayPal will be partners with the SPLC how long before users personal information is shared with them ?
Login to Me Too

sandbox
Contributor
Contributor

@tlcutter wrote:
Since PayPal will be partners with the SPLC how long before users personal information is shared with them ?

Pretty had to get an opinion on someone without sharing PI.  

Login to Me Too

vacano
New Community Member

If so I'm cancelling paypal. It is a shame cause I really like Paypal but refuse to support an institution who love nothing but to knock down my values at every time possible.  

Login to Me Too

Elfman2
Contributor
Contributor

Today the Drudge Report linked to an article in Christian Broadcast News saying that Paypal is is partnering with The Southern Poverty Law Center to identify who to blacklist. Now I support anyone's right to decide who they want to do business with, and I'm no fan of the organizations listed there that Paypal has blacklisted. However, I am concerned about Paypal's partnership with the leftist activist Southern Poverty Law Center. Is this report of a partnership accurate? If so, I think it will not work to the Paypal network's advantage.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019/february/paypal-partnering-with-leftist-anti-christian-splc-to-...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.