Suggestion about Adding a note to a donation

BrettBBI
Contributor
Contributor

I have had several donors tell me that there is no way to add a note with specific instructions to their donation. I have to tell them that they can but only after they enter the amount of their donation and click either the Donate with PayPal or Donate with Debit/Credit Card button. I think it would be very helpful to have the Add a note or Write a note links on the page that appears first after clicking the donate button on our website. Many people are hesitant to click the Dontae with PayPal button until they are sure they can include the instructions and if they have to click donate first they wind up calling or emailing me to either give me the instructions or simply don't donate. They have even insisted that I take the donation over the phone, which means I have to key in the donation using the PayPal Here app. That costs us more because of the higher transaction fee associated with keyed in credit card numbers. Here are pictures of the Add and Write a note that I would like added to the first page where you key in the amount of the donation. I would leave these where they are so that if the donor misses it on the first page they can still add it later. That way they have two opportunities to add a note.

Example Write A noteExample Write A noteExample Add a noteExample Add a note

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @BrettBBI,

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experiences. I appreciate the great feedback, and if you'd like to supply any additional suggestions, I recommend going to the bottom of PayPal.com and clicking, "Feedback."

Thank you,

Gwen

Login to Me Too

CMcAfee
New Community Member

Mine does not give me the option to add a note at all even after you add the initial amount to donate. Is there a way to fix this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.