Question about refunding after 5/7

expaik
Contributor
Contributor

I've searched the forums and can't find the answer to this.  I'm new here, and quite surprised that there isn't a huge thread or an entire discussion forum dedicated to the 5/7/2019 change to the policy for refunding paypal fees on a seller refund.  (Or is there one and I just missed it?)

Consider the following scenario.  I have an IRL acquaintance who wants to mess with me.  They send $50,000 to my paypal account as goods.  I of course refund this since I never sold them anything.  I'm out $1500?  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@expaik 

Seems like that yep.

May be you could then take legal action against the fraudster to get that money back again?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

expaik
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like the legal action should be taken against Paypal, for aiding and abetting this sort of fraud.  Aren't they making it WAY too easy for us to get kicked in the teeth?

Let's not even mention all the buyers who request to cancel their orders immediately after paying, out of buyer's remorse or because Ebay showed them a better deal.  

Paypal needs to have a way for sellers to "refuse" a payment, which would basically void it, rather than forcing someone to receive and then refund.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@expaik 

Yep agree with you on that one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.