Political activism by Paypal!

Rickgreyeagle
New Community Member

I have used Paypal for years, mostly for convenience. Now that they have condemned the Georgia voter legislation I will not use them again until they retract their condemnation. I don't care if you like or support the Georgia legislation or not. Paypal has NO BUSINESS publicly taking a position!

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

vstarider
New Community Member

kjiin
Contributor
Contributor

President & CEO, Dan Schulman has chosen to choose POLITICS over customers.

I am disgusted that a corporation like PayPal finds it necessary to stick their nose in politics and FAIR AND LEGAL USA ELECTIONS!

PayPal's CEO Schulman has sided with other progressives in the top 1% elite to tell us that Georgia's new voting laws are not acceptable.  Who gave him the right to have any opinion on anything to do with our elections.  Apparently CEO Schulman is okay with stealing elections and now chooses to put his opinion against fair elections in the future.  Apparently he believes in VOTER fraud.  To say there wasn't fraud in 2020 is just plain wrong and 75million people agree that fraud was rampant.  This condescending opinion is accusing black voters of not being smart enough to get a "picture ID" is in itself racist!   "Politicians" have been using this weak excuse for years to hide behind a rigging an election.  Almost everything you do in AMERICA you have to have a picture ID... but CEO Schulman thinks this is wrong.  

PayPal does not deserve our business.  I will be closing my account and finding another avenue to spend and send my money.  A company that reflects AMERICAN VALUES AND AMERICA FREEDOM.  This CEO should be fired immediately as he is against FREE and FAIR ELECTIONS... his opinion should leave this country along with him!!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kjiin 

You know what they say about opinions...and everyone has one of course and should be allowed to have one even if you disagree. Isn’t that what the right is always complaining about of the left? And you have every right to close your account as well.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Temp20220222aa
Contributor
Contributor

PatriotJill

Once my money has transferred out of here I am gonnnne baby!!

Bye Bye PayPal!

Stick your wokeness up yours!

Login to Me Too

Disappointed that Paypal is jumping on the political bandwagon with other companies that don’t believe in maintaining some level of election integrity. I’m beginning the process of transitioning my monthly PayPal payments to other sources and will no longer use PayPal for online purchases. PayPal obviously has no respect for the opinions of a large portion of its customer base. Ridiculous that they would sign up to oppose legislation that they most likely didn’t  care to read / understand. Even more concerning is the fact that they are declaring their opposition to legislation for which the language hasn’t even been drafted yet. Maybe they should focus on what they know. And customer retention.

Login to Me Too

tcswb
New Community Member

I think we need to let PayPal know our displeasure at its BS involvement in voting laws. If they are going to be a left wing group, we need to boycott them. If they support the left wing cheating in our elections, we owe them no loyalty.

Login to Me Too

JRM101
Contributor
Contributor

I believe that who ever took this position failed to read the 98 page law signed into law by the Governor. If they had, they would have stayed out of this issue. It is not a position based on the law but on hearsay. 

Login to Me Too

whyiamquitting
New Community Member

I changed my paypal id in 2019 but I had really been a member for decades. Paypal is pressuring Georgia to cancel recent laws to increase election security which passed recently. I no longer want to ne associated with paypal. Closing my paypal account now.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@whyiamquitting 

ok, bye then.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.