Political activism by Paypal!

Rickgreyeagle
New Community Member

I have used Paypal for years, mostly for convenience. Now that they have condemned the Georgia voter legislation I will not use them again until they retract their condemnation. I don't care if you like or support the Georgia legislation or not. Paypal has NO BUSINESS publicly taking a position!

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

stelan73
New Community Member

How many Picture IDs does Paypal require to transfer money to a bank account. Answer 2..Repeat 2. So what is inappropriate to ask all voters to present 1 ID? The height of hypocrisy. Shame on you Paypal. Kowtowing to political pressure.

Login to Me Too

MMurphy58
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly! There is no suppression of votes by requiring ID to vote. ID's are required for everything in life, voting should be no different. The true agenda behind this is not for those with ID to vote, it is so those who can not get IDs to vote. IE the dead or illegal voter, the democrats only hope to stay in power!

Login to Me Too

LowBuckChuck
Contributor
Contributor

Totally agree.  As a minor stock holder I'm also concerned that management doesn't have enough sense to stay out of this argument.   Now matter which side of the fence they choose they're going to alienate one half of their customers!  Business and entertainers are showing no good sense  by picking a side, all you do is turn off half of your fan base.  I'm going to take a break from using and recommending PayPal for a while and will certainly remember this when the board of directors come up for a vote.  apparently these people aren't smart enough to be guiding a company like PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

klgrube
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal said it would no longer add 400 jobs and invest $3.6 million in a new center in Georgia.

What the heck is wrong with you, PayPal?  Do you REALLY have a problem with fair and honest elections?  Did the idiot who made this decision even actually READ the law before pulling a stupid stunt like that?  Whoever did that should be fired immediately for letting the lamestream media and leftist corporate investors bully them into doing this.  First, Georgia is NOT going to go back to letting Stacey Abrams steal elections... EVER.  Second, all PayPal is doing is hurting the people who live in Georgia, many of them their customers.  THAT'S JUST PLAIN STUPID!  STOP THIS!

I am furious!  If my work didn't require that I use PayPal, I would leave it in a heartbeat.  As it is, I did delete my Ebay account.  There is absolutely NOTHING in the new law that restricts ANY legal voter from casting a single ballot.  NOT ONE THING!  There are more early voting days.  There are secure drop boxes. And yes, they require voter ID to set up absentee voting.  What is your problem with people having to actually BE who they SAY THEY ARE when they vote in a United States election?

Grow a little common sense and common decency and rescind that idiotic decision immediately, PayPal.

Login to Me Too

buying
Contributor
Contributor

Fully agree. Will be closing my account.

Login to Me Too

nonicko
New Community Member

hey paypal users... are you ok with paypal getting involved in politics ? I am quitting paypal and will never use it again... I don't need another big brother judging everything I do

Login to Me Too

mcd00001
New Community Member

I am cancelling my Paypal account because of Paypal's recent announcement condeming the State of Georgia's law voter ID law.  It is not prudent to trust my money with any business that thinks it's a problem for people to prove who they are before performing an act as important as voting.

Shame on you, Paypal.  Now goodbye.

Login to Me Too

ClosingMyAccoun
New Community Member

I will be closing my account as soon as my last transaction is closed. I am tired of PayPal supporting all that is bad. Who gives a rat's **bleep** if you don't like Georgia's voting rules! PayPal is contributing to Cancel Culture and I want nothing to do with the RACIST, ANTI-AMERICAN Corporation you've become. I am blogging other like minded people to cancel their accounts also!!

Login to Me Too

Labmend
Contributor
Contributor
I am going to leave PayPal just as soon as possible and advise everybody I know to do the same, they have frozen my account with several thousands of pounds in credit, its very much like some kind of scam!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.