Paypal's dispute team is useless

UNHAPPY-Me
Contributor
Contributor

I am just speechless with how terrible Paypal handled my dispute.

The sender has sent the item to the wrong address and I have not recieved it. Paypal reckons because it has been delivered, then case is closed. How unfair is this. My paypal address is very clear and I have used my paypal since 2011. I just have not recieved the freaking parcel as the sender has put the wrong address on it.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@UNHAPPY-Me

If you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback.

If you didn't then you could try appealing paypals decision..............give them a call.

Failing that write to the folks at the addy it was delivered to and ask them to send it on to you or go round and collect if its local.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

UNHAPPY-Me
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased a part for my Aircondition unit and paid the seller via Paypal. Sender gave me the tracking number. I tracked it after a week of waiting and I saw "delivered" on the Auspost Website, while I had recieved nothing. After two weeks of consistent follow up with Auspost, calling their customer servic eline everyday, lodging a dispute witht hem and .....They said, they have delivered the item to the wrong address. Hence they will try to locate the item and deliver it to the corect address. Auspost saying, the parcel had a wrong delivery address. In the mean time I had asked Sender to lodge an investigation from his side as well. 4 weeks down the track, Auspost tells me, dont know where the item is, and closed the case advising me to ask sender either to resend the item to me or refund me. I passed on the message to seller, he refused to do either option. I caontacted paypal and explained the situation and lodged a dispute. Paypal reviewd the case and advised me they are closing the case just because, on the Auspost website it shows"delivered".

How rediculous is this that I expect purchasing through Paypal is a gaurantee they will have your back. After 6 years of trading through paypal, this was the first time I really needed their INPUT and they let me down.

As I mentioned earlier, Paypal Dispute team is just a show to let you think they will protect the buyer and make you use them again and agian.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

interstellar97
New Community Member

I ordered a video game system and despite the tracking number indicated the item to have arrived/delivered, I didn't get the chance to get my order as it was stolen according to the porter. the paypal dispute communication said after dealing with the seller "the order was sent, we're not responsible what happened to it. bye"  and the dispute lady who has a similar voice to the ebay and citibank customer help desk said "seller provided tracking number, if item was stolen, just deal with it since the dispute will be on seller's side.  maybe go find a security camera or ask around what happened."  I would've wanted the item to be mailed again but sadly this dispute department (probably from India) just has a fixated training how to treat people in a such cold rude manner. thanks for nothing.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@interstellar97

If you sent an item to a buyer trackable and tracking showed the item as 'delivered' would you be happy to refund a buyer because they said it was stolen post delivery??

Why would that be the sellers responsibility when he had done everything asked of him?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.