Paypal Darling it is 2018 now. Hello?

YourMother
Contributor
Contributor

I closed my Paypal account over a decade ago because of the crap I would need to regularly go through when withdrawing money to my bank account. I've come back over a decade later, opened an account, taken a card payment, withdrew money to my bank account and woooooooooooow....... I'm back in 2006

Why does it take several days for me to get MY money after Paypal has charged its extortionate fees. It is 2018. It takes 5 mins to do security checks. Hello? Paypal???? Anyone home??????

Is it because you hang on to millions of pounds interest free whilst small enterprises suffer?  Shall I go back to Skrill ? When will these games end? Also, will I still get an auto-response??????? Shall I call your helpline and be put through to India to a person who barely speaks English and irritatingly reads off a card. Please advise? Thanks

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YourMother

As this is a community forum and not paypal customer services then I suggest you direct your question to customer services.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

YourMother
Contributor
Contributor

I did call them, Thank you. And it was absolutely a waste of time as I don't speak Indian and had to listen to someone read an answer off a rebuttal card that was of no use at all. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YourMother

Really? UK customer services is based in Dublin, Ireland.

I could answer your question but I doubt you really want to hear do you, otherwise you would have asked politely without the sarcasm  Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

YourMother
Contributor
Contributor

Call the Irish number and see, you'll be put through to Mumbai.

In any case I've emailed Paypal and asked them to close my account after the "pending" withdrawal of my money to my bank account has finally taken place, whenever that may be.

Maybe I'll try Paypal again in another decade. Then again, maybe not.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YourMother

You can close your own account > profile (cog next to log out) > close account is on the left side of that page.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

YourMother
Contributor
Contributor

NO they can do it from Mumbai, I've wasted enough time. You have a lot of time on your hands!  Bye

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YourMother

In that case it will stay open because they don't provide that service for you.

And no I don't have a lot of time on my hands, I have been out all day swimming so now relaxing and answering a few posts, so ...........your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.