PayPal sadly Stops PayPal Mastercard as backup payment method for the PayPal Debit Card ,-[

dcmike
New Community Member

I can't understand the logic of this. Having my PayPal Mastercard backed up by a a credit card with sufficient available credit was a HUGE incentive to use my debit card, without worries. This overdraft protection was a huge incentive for having the card, period! 

Getting rid of this big convenience doesn't make sense, using my bank account - where I pay my mortgage and utility bills - as a backup is riskier. If there is no overdraft protection there, it could mean trouble with overdrafts on the bank account.

My only logical solution now is, apply for a credit card at my bank, and use that for overdraft protection. I would then go back to transferring PayPal funds to my bank account, and stop using the PayPal debit card. I loved the convenience of getting paid by PayPal, and using my PayPal debit card for daily expenditures, without worry of overdraft - Well, it was nice while it lasted.

I hope people here will respond with their reactions, and I hope PayPal notes those reactions.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.