PayPal new rules to take money. How to block bank account access from withdraw.

EricTheRed1000
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is changing it's rules to:

"PayPal may use any of the payment methods linked to a seller’s PayPal account to prevent the seller’s account from becoming negative when there are not sufficient funds in the account for seller refunds, reversals and chargebacks. "

I have a bank account that is linked to my paypal account. It's for withdraw only. I've never made a payment with it. I want to mark my bank account as NOT a payment account. Who knows how to do this, or should I just write PayPal's legal department telling that, I see their new policy, and my bank account is NOT a payment account / payment account."

Thoughts about how to do this.

Thanks Eric

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EricTheRed1000 

Is your bank account in and of itself a deposit only account so that any withdrawals by PayPal are blocked? Maybe you can ask your bank to only accept withdrawals from PayPal, not payments to PayPal. I don't think there is a way for PayPal to mark your bank as withdrawal only and why would they. PayPal is not going to let you get away with not paying what you owe.

The solution to this is quite simple. Have some funds in your PayPal account to cover refunds, reversals and chargebacks and you need not worry about this at all and develop best practices to avoid situations of refunds, reversals and chargebacks. There is always going to be shrinkage with doing business. Nature of the beast. Major businesses and corps have been managing it for ages, now its us that have to manage it.

Or, if you do not agree with the new policy, you are within your right to close out your account before the policy takes effect.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.