PayPal Seller Protection

cepatton
Contributor
Contributor

Last week, I customer came to my place of business to buy an used item. After inspecting the item top to bottom, the buyer purchased the item using my PayPal account. After the buyer took the item home he emailed me stating that the item was mis-represented and wanted his money back. After I called him back, he stated that he just wanted his money back so he could buy a newer item. I said that that was no reason for me to issue him a refund. He called back later stating that the item was damaged. I clapped back stating that he inspected the item BEFORE purchase and the item was in good condition, and that I was not going to issue a refund knowing this. He opened a case with PayPal and was told that all he had to do was return the item via UPS and he would get a refund, even after i responded to the claim with my proof of condition. Nevertheless, today I was told I could not repeal the case because the buyer shipped the item back. Per council, I refused the package expecting and escalation and an opportunity to have this matter litigated, whereas I can show my evidence disproving the buyers' claim. After speaking with a customer service representative, I foulnd that PayPal had already issued the refund before the package refusal since a decision had already been made. I spoke with a supervisor and went over the user guidelines showing him that what PayPal did was against it's own policy! That this was not an eBay or blind purchase that was shipped to a buyer, but a item that the buyer picked up AFTER inspection. I told the representative that I was not going to pay PayPal after it neglected it's own policy when making that decision, and to close my account. They refused to close my account due to a negative balance that they created from unjustly refunding the buyer. I'm afraid that an attorney may need to be retained now. Has anyone (small business owner) gone through this with PayPal? And if so, what would be your advice short of legal remedy?  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.