PayPal Account Registration Issue and Feedback

HelpfulFeedback
Contributor
Contributor

I registered to use PayPal. I entered all correct information such as Credit Card, Email, Telephone Number, and Address. I was able to receive and confirm codes and verifications through my phone and email. Registration was successfully completed and I even received the email 'Your way to pay with PayPal is set'. I then trying to send money ($35) to a seller for a software. I got an error 'There's issue with PayPal account..' so I called and spoke with one of the PayPal agents. I was then told that I can no longer able to use PayPal Service because only the First letters from my First Name and Last Name were in my account. I did not understand why that happened but I thought it was easily correctable. That first person who took the call was already impatient and upset by himself with other things I guess. I asked to get his first name and agent ID just for record. He did not listen to me but non stop repeatedly telling back to me so it was very inconvenience. He said I had to get a new credit card from the bank and register a new account using the new email address in order to use the PayPal Service. Then, he disabled a lot of options and put more warnings/alerts in that account. 

I logged back in and tried to remove/change my credit card, email, and address so I can use them with my new registration but I was unable to change or remove them. They are the only credit card and email that I use daily. I do have good credit score and no bad issue but I still do not think it is necessary for the customers to get a brand new card from the bank in order to re-register. That's really a bad policy when PayPal already been able to verify the customer's other info using the email, text msg, and address.

Well if the seller do not have another way or payment gateway to sell the software for me, I might going to try this via PayPal again as guest. Not sure.

I am posting this message here so other will see my experience. PayPal will understand and improve their policy. Especially, their online registration form is what making this mistake. Why it takes only one single letter? There is a simple technology like Java Script can do the great form field validation so Customer will get alerted when first letter only went into the field. I didn't do it intentionally but not sure how that happened, and I don't think PayPal has to deny the customer while they have all other active accurate info in the Profile. I also just called and spoke again with another agent and ensured that PayPal is responsible to holding my personal data (Credit Card, Address, Tel#). 

Please listen to my calls with your agents. If PayPal team found this as fixable, please contact me via the email. If not, please remove my account info from your site. Otherwise PayPal is responsible for wrong usage/hacks. I hope to become a PayPal Customer one day.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HelpfulFeedback 

Too long a block of text, try editing.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.