Our PayPal account blocked by mistake
My name is Mikhail [removed], I'm the owner of FunPay, and I would really like to see at least someone from PayPal read this page from beginning to end.
And although we have been working for a very long time, we decided to use PayPal relatively recently, October 8, 2022, when we opened our company in the UAE. It is extremely important for us to use PayPal, because absolutely all of our competitors successfully use it:
• all others
Realizing that PayPal is an unfamiliar means of payment for us, we made it available not to everyone, but only to a certain focus group of our users, which we began to expand over time. Everything was going extremely well and we fully connected PayPal not only for the control group, but for all users of our site, but then a disaster happened: on November 19, 2022, a scammer came to our site who is hacking into PayPal accounts. He did:
• 988 fraudulent payment attempts.
• Successfully passed 170 payments.
He received our services and products, and a day later, PayPal sent us information that, it turns out, all these payments were unauthorized, and the real owners of PayPal accounts are not aware of these payments.
We have a top-notch anti-fraud system (which includes both administrative staff and special algorithms), however, we were not ready for this turn of events: we initially thought that PayPal was a secure system, so all our own security systems have been disabled for PayPal payments.
We have already taken all the necessary measures at the moment, and this situation cannot happen again.
Apparently, the PayPal administration decided that we were somehow connected with this criminal, and decided to block our account without the possibility of unblocking. This is a short-sighted and unfair decision that affects thousands of people - our customers who will no longer be able to pay us.
I would like to emphasize a few points in particular:
1) It is not a problem for us at our expense to return the money for any disputes in PayPal. We are ready to bear any losses.
2) For us, any period of HOLD funds is not a problem, we are ready to expect money for 21 days or 180 days - we have large reserves and this does not matter to us.
3) We don't mind taking on PayPal losses that result from carders and other scammers. We understand that PayPal is an insecure and unreliable system, but we are ready to work with it anyway.
4) If necessary, we can deposit a security deposit of up to 500,000 USD to our PayPal account (just for the peace of mind of the PayPal administration).
5) All of our competitors (like g2g, playerauctions, and pretty much everyone else) use PayPal. Our sets of services are absolutely identical. If PayPal believes that certain services on our site do not comply with PayPal policies, then we may remove them.
PayPal is very important to us, because buyers trust PayPal and want to pay through PayPal, feeling secure. That's the only reason we need PayPal - it helps us grow our company.
We posted a link to this topic from our website so that everyone who wants to pay us through PayPal can read this message and write a comment to our support.
Reference ID: PP-L-369344468249
So far, the topic has garnered 79,197 views and 365 comments from active PayPal users, meanwhile, thousands of customers are suffering and unable to pay for their orders through PayPal.
But at the same time, not a single PayPal employee left a single comment for all these people, who, by the way, are PayPal clients.
Paypal don't comment on a persons personal or business account on a community forum.
If Paypal have permanently limited a business account then that account holder is no longer a Paypal client.
Paypal don't have to give reasons for business decisions and doubt they will change their mind because of a ''thread on a community forum''.
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Obviously, this is not about blocking a single account, but about the work of an entire industry and PayPal practices. About the explanation of the PayPal user agreements and what you can and cannot do in PayPal. Don't you agree with me?
What kind of system is this that cannot explain how it can be used and how it cannot be used? This is clearly not normal and should not work this way.
The society has a clear interest in this topic - hundreds of PayPal users posted questions and got zero support.
For example, if websites like FunPay are not allowed by PayPal, then PayPal can directly write about it in AUP. Or here. Or maybe at least just anywhere.
This is not a right, but an obligation. Services should explain what is allowed and what is not.
"in some way."
At the same time, PayPal itself does not understand how the violation occurred, and what exactly the violation occurred, and whether it occurred at all or did not occur.
And more than three hundred users have written questions about this, but PayPal has not even been able to answer simple and direct questions about what is allowed to do and what is not allowed for PayPal users.
Moreover, PayPal did not provide a single comment to all these people, all of its customers.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Where can I file a complaint in Suggestions for PayPal
- Our PayPal account blocked by mistake in Suggestions for PayPal
- Can I block collectors from taking money out of my PayPal account? in General Discussions
- Braintree has blocked our account for over 45 days, no responde whatsoever in General Discussions
- TAKE YOUR MONEY OUT OF PAYPAL BEFORE THEY STEAL IT in General Discussions