Our PayPal account blocked by mistake

MMarchenko
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

My name is Mikhail [removed], I'm the owner of FunPay, and I would really like to see at least someone from PayPal read this page from beginning to end.

And although we have been working for a very long time, we decided to use PayPal relatively recently, October 8, 2022, when we opened our company in the UAE. It is extremely important for us to use PayPal, because absolutely all of our competitors successfully use it:

• g2g
• overgear
• playerauctions
• all others

Realizing that PayPal is an unfamiliar means of payment for us, we made it available not to everyone, but only to a certain focus group of our users, which we began to expand over time. Everything was going extremely well and we fully connected PayPal not only for the control group, but for all users of our site, but then a disaster happened: on November 19, 2022, a scammer came to our site who is hacking into PayPal accounts. He did:

988 fraudulent payment attempts.
Successfully passed 170 payments.

He received our services and products, and a day later, PayPal sent us information that, it turns out, all these payments were unauthorized, and the real owners of PayPal accounts are not aware of these payments.

We have a top-notch anti-fraud system (which includes both administrative staff and special algorithms), however, we were not ready for this turn of events: we initially thought that PayPal was a secure system, so all our own security systems have been disabled for PayPal payments.

We have already taken all the necessary measures at the moment, and this situation cannot happen again.

Apparently, the PayPal administration decided that we were somehow connected with this criminal, and decided to block our account without the possibility of unblocking. This is a short-sighted and unfair decision that affects thousands of people - our customers who will no longer be able to pay us.

I would like to emphasize a few points in particular:

1) It is not a problem for us at our expense to return the money for any disputes in PayPal. We are ready to bear any losses.

2) For us, any period of HOLD funds is not a problem, we are ready to expect money for 21 days or 180 days - we have large reserves and this does not matter to us.

3) We don't mind taking on PayPal losses that result from carders and other scammers. We understand that PayPal is an insecure and unreliable system, but we are ready to work with it anyway.

4) If necessary, we can deposit a security deposit of up to 500,000 USD to our PayPal account (just for the peace of mind of the PayPal administration).

5) All of our competitors (like g2g, playerauctions, and pretty much everyone else) use PayPal. Our sets of services are absolutely identical. If PayPal believes that certain services on our site do not comply with PayPal policies, then we may remove them.

PayPal is very important to us, because buyers trust PayPal and want to pay through PayPal, feeling secure. That's the only reason we need PayPal - it helps us grow our company. 

We posted a link to this topic from our website so that everyone who wants to pay us through PayPal can read this message and write a comment to our support.

Reference ID: PP-L-369344468249

Login to Me Too
660 REPLIES 660

Logica
Its a good sellee
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Logica 

@Logica 

Advertising not allowed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BFeely
Contributor
Contributor

You might want to look into how traffic is being funneled into this thread.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BFeely 

If there are lots of threads /posts on the exact same company/issue then moderators often combine them into one thread.

Then it means folks that really need help get it without other threads/posts clogging up the forum.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BFeely
Contributor
Contributor

Does the PayPal TOS say anything about the nature of the business in question?  I do presume however you cannot comment on the specific site due to the privacy policy however?

Login to Me Too

MMarchenko
Contributor
Contributor

@BFeely

Thank you for your interest in our topic, it is always a pleasure to talk with an intelligent interlocutor.

"Does the PayPal TOS say anything about the nature of the business in question? I do presume however you cannot comment on the specific site due to the privacy policy however?"

When we planned to connect PayPal on our website, we carefully studied the PayPal TOS and AUP with our team of international lawyers and did not find any direct ban on the services that are presented on our website.

PayPal Singapore also hosts our main competitor, g2g.com, and they have absolutely no problems. The Singapore branch of PayPal also operates in the UAE.

It is absolutely clear that our activities do not violate either PayPal's TOS or AUP, this can hardly be a subject of discussion.

Login to Me Too

Ferrundino
Contributor
Contributor

come on. I need paypal in funpay. I use it like many years and i never had problem with the service. Please give them a second chance!

Login to Me Too

ArzanPatel
New Community Member

I use Funpay all the time, would love to be able to use Paypal to pay. Please unblock this guys account.

Login to Me Too

GlobalGameTrade
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! 
Paypal Site funpay.ru trusted. I know the rules of your country, if a consensus is not adopted, I think lawyers from USA will quickly settle this issue. As it was with me when the fraudulent actions occurred. To the head of FanPay, I recommend contacting the US legal agency to settle the processes. They keep your money without paying interest, or find a representative in the United States to conclude a contract with him for paid services, and let them try to restrict the rights of a representative of the United States, I'll see what kind of compensation they will pay.

Spoiler
I can get a job with you.
Login to Me Too

MMarchenko
Contributor
Contributor

@GlobalGameTrade

Thank you for your advice. The fact is that we do not set ourselves the goal of returning the blocked money somehow faster, and in general it is worth noting that there were very few of them on our account - only about $60,000.

Our point is to clarify the situation together with PayPal employees (unfortunately, in the support service they do not answer questions and do not make contact, which is very strange for us - this is the first time in my life I have come across such a strange position).

We have no conflict with PayPal, we wish to work calmly and strictly comply with all PayPal rules.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.