Is the card reader accept the wages?

glenn_197510
Contributor
Contributor

can I use paypal here card reader for my wages? My employer would like to pay wages using debit card or master card into the card reader, is this possible?

thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

That's not really the intent of PayPal Here - yes, you could accept the card however, you're going to pay a transaction processing fee because it will appear as a sale.   Additionally because the acceptance of the payment looks like a sale, you will need to consider the tax consequences.

It would be best for you to have your employer also have a PayPal account and then he could use the Send Money option and select "Friends and Family" - if your employer uses either his bank account or PayPal Account Balance - then there's no fees for either of you (assuming you're both in the same country).    If that's not an option for your employer - then it's best you both get together and decide on a different method.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

That's not really the intent of PayPal Here - yes, you could accept the card however, you're going to pay a transaction processing fee because it will appear as a sale.   Additionally because the acceptance of the payment looks like a sale, you will need to consider the tax consequences.

It would be best for you to have your employer also have a PayPal account and then he could use the Send Money option and select "Friends and Family" - if your employer uses either his bank account or PayPal Account Balance - then there's no fees for either of you (assuming you're both in the same country).    If that's not an option for your employer - then it's best you both get together and decide on a different method.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.