(Infuriated) Who should mark a post as solved?

PanStone
Contributor
Contributor

I recently created a post.  An "Esteemed Advisor" replied, then it was marked as solved!  If I put the problem out there, shouldn't I be the one who decides if it's been solved?  What if I don't like his answer (which I didn't) and want to see what others had to say?  Can just anyone post their opinion and then say it was solved?  Isn't that kind of arrogant to assume that yours is the best and only answer?  That is just wrong.  The only person who should be able to say whether a question/problem/issue has been solved is the person who originated the post. 

I don't know if I am adequately expressing how infuriating it is to put yourself out there only to have some thinks-he-knows-it-all leave a reply then say "There!  All fixed! I've left the only answer there is. Conversation over."  And close the door so his is the only answer.  Seriously???  This is how we run an open post?

Someone had mentioned that this happens to all posts that are negative towards PayPal.  Well, let's see if the same thing happens to this one.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PanStone 

Only you or a PayPal staff moderator can mark as solved. PayPal is not going to reverse fee thing anytime soon. They already held off on it in May 7th 2019 when the policy was first suppose to go in to effect but finally went ahead with it in Oct 11 2019. No answer is going to satisfy you because you'd rather it not be happening in the first place, as do I but PayPal does says that, whenever a new policy goes into effect, we can close our accounts if we do not agree. lol On the other hand, if you do not want this to happen, develop your own online shop and use the PayPal authorization and capture method for accepting payments. Google it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PanStone
Contributor
Contributor

I purposely went to another location so this post was not associated with the other.  This has nothing to do with my other post except for the result instigating this one (I did find it interesting that most of your answer had nothing to do with this question).  But since you decided to follow me here...  What gave you the right to mark the post as solved?  Shouldn't that be my decision?  By marking it as solved, doesn't that prevent anyone else from responding?  Isn't that what this platform is for?  So, everyone can voice their opinions?  Regardless, I just think it's arrogant to elect your own answer as the solution.  In just about every venue I can think of, no one is ever allowed to vote for themselves.  If it's my problem, I'm the only one who can say if it's been solved.  I just don't appreciate being dismissed.

However, it does seem to be the pattern here.  Looking over some other posts, whenever someone is complaining, an Esteemed Advisor jumps right up, gives it a positive twist towards PayPal, then marks it as solved.  Nips that conversation right off.

Don't think it went unnoticed, though, that you haven't closed this one yet.  Shows good restraint.  For that I will give you a half kudo.  😶

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.