In-game goods sold via donate button

MMindaugas
New Community Member

A website recently opened up that has opened up a server for an MMO (massive multiplayer online) game. On their website they have a donate via paypal button and it's stated that for every euro donation a player makes they will be rewarded points which can then be exchanged for in-game goods. A player must then submit their transaction id to be tied to the purchase to be awarded the points. My question is if this is allowed and if this is against paypal's terms of service? If yes then how to report them? Here is some more information: they are not raising funds for any goal (or the goal is not clear to the public before donating). They are not a nonprofit or a 501(c)(3) Organization (or that isn't mentioned anywhere on their website). They don't plan on raising $10,000 or more. Once the donations stop they will pocket the money and close down the game server only to reopen it a while later to do this thing again (based on past experience as they have done this before). I believe this is a scam and i believe this is against paypal's ToS and i would like to prevent such activity to protect the players that play this game. What can i do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi MMindaugas, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Please report this activity through the secure message of your PayPal account. If you have the email address of this merchant, please also provide this information as it will make it easier for an investigation to be completed. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Annabelleminoza
New Community Member
We can donate the all goods game
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.