How to escalate poor customer service of PayPal to higher authorities

pratik99
New Community Member

I called(call count: 1, wait time: 1 hr) PayPal customer service for a product return, they said they will issue us a refund but guess what they didn't. I called them again(call count: 2, wait time 1 hr), and they said they will issue a refund in few days, but yeah they didn't. So I called them again, (call count: 3, wait time - 1 hr)  they said sent the item back and provide us tracking ID, I asked them is there a way to upload the tracking ID or receipt somewhere online since I do not want to waste 1 hour just to give them tracking ID when I call next time. But they said no they do not have any such option. So I called them again to give them tracking ID(call count: 4, waiting time - 5 hr). Waited for 5 hr just to give a tracking ID? Really poor customer service, PayPal doesn't care about customers time. And yeah, this case is still not resolved, they sent us email saying tracking ID is incorrect. So I will have to call them again and waste another few hours of my life.

Just to summarize - 4 calls and 8 hour wasted over a small product return. And still the issue is unresolved. Great work PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pratik99

If you received an item that was misdescribed then you could have opened a paypal dispute > escalated it to a claim and done it all via the resolution centre??

Also .........................

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.