Eric [removed]/Rippaverse

jjoyner

I've been a PayPal customer since 2006 and made two payments to Eric [removed] for the Rippaverse. I heard he has not received any of the payments that customers have sent through PayPal. I demand that MY money be released to Eric [removed] immediately so I can receive the products I purchased. 

I am disappointed that PayPal finds it amusing to restrict the operations of a successful African-American entrepreneur in his efforts to establish a black-owned, small business that delivers high-quality content and product to consumers, both domestically and internationally. 

If this is not resolved by Friday, I will cease using PayPal and will ensure that others know not to trust this "Service" with their hard-earned money, especially Black-owned small businesses.

Login to Me Too
60 REPLIES 60

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CanadamanDan 

@jjoyner 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

If the account is limited you can demand away but unless its unlimited you would need to open a dispute to get a refund.

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website (or you receive a totally different product).

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

Do not close the dispute until you have a refund or your item.
If a seller states that they can't refund until you have closed the dispute don't believe them.
Escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days (before it times out), if you need Paypal to get involved.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will issue a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JRSJake
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue here.
Login to Me Too

Mastadope
PayPal withholding funds because politics wow... If this situation does not get resolved soon nor in a respectful manner to the consumers and Eric than I'm done using Paypal.
Login to Me Too

CanadamanDan
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

I purchased a known pre-order product from [removed] & Rippa LLC through PayPal.

PayPal is concurrently withholding access to MY money from above mentioned business.

The ONLY solution to this "issue" is for PayPal to change its "policy" and remove their embargo against this small business.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CanadamanDan 

If the account you sent it to is limited then paypal will not change their policy just for you and others that sent to that person.

So if you want your funds back open a dispute and then send them to him another way?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shibilski
Disputes are for issues with a seller, not PayPal. PayPal has locked the money on the seller end. The only way we can address this is through comments on PayPal. Our dispute is with PayPal holding cash when the product is to ship in a couple weeks. Total **bleep** and unreliable payment system. Eric using PayPal on his site hurt him more than helped.
Login to Me Too

RiversEnd

This is an outrage. I agree with everything Joyner says. I have to ask why do business with such an intolerant organization?

Login to Me Too

Flippyfloppy
New Community Member

This is a TERRIBLE look for Paypal. Withholding payments to Eric J Ripperverse that has already been taken from my account. Is Paypal earning interest on all these payments they are withholding from the legitimate seller? I imagine the interest earned on a million dollars it should NOT be holding on too would be quite a pretty penny I'm guessing. 

Pay the money to the business I want it paid too. 

Paypal has proven they are not trustworthy by doing this and are using a technicality to enact a thinly veiled and seemingly bigoted political attack. 

Pay the money Paypal. That is our money not yours! Send it too the seller we all elected to have it paid it too. I did not elect to allow Paypal to make free money off my payment through my credit card. 

Disgraceful behaviour by Paypal, profiting by holding monies they are not entitled too.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220731D

I also purchased a comic using paypal and I demand paypal to provide him the money. If he has done everything you requested to provide information that he has a true business than there is no reason for paypal to hold the funds.

Login to Me Too

IsomSupporter

I have an active complaint filed with the Federal Trade Commission citing Paypal's removal of funds from my bank account and subsequent withholding of those funds from the vendor for whom the money was intended. I cited Dan Schuman as party to my complaint and used their corporate HQ in San Jose for reference; I urge others to do the same. This is an unacceptable action on Paypal's part clearly motivated by political bias. It is a clear violation of the trust we as customer's place in Paypal to handle our transactions and the company should be made to answer for it's unethical business practices.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.