Eric [removed]/Rippaverse

jjoyner

I've been a PayPal customer since 2006 and made two payments to Eric [removed] for the Rippaverse. I heard he has not received any of the payments that customers have sent through PayPal. I demand that MY money be released to Eric [removed] immediately so I can receive the products I purchased. 

I am disappointed that PayPal finds it amusing to restrict the operations of a successful African-American entrepreneur in his efforts to establish a black-owned, small business that delivers high-quality content and product to consumers, both domestically and internationally. 

If this is not resolved by Friday, I will cease using PayPal and will ensure that others know not to trust this "Service" with their hard-earned money, especially Black-owned small businesses.

Login to Me Too
60 REPLIES 60

I just want to make it clear to you guys that I did in fact intend and mean to make this purchase. I paid for the ISOM #1 C Cover, and I knew ahead of time that it was essentially a pre-order. I've been informed by the seller via this video [removed] that he does not have access to the money that I sent him for his product. Please let him be able to receive the funds I sent his way for it.

If that's not doable, I would like a full refund so I can use a different payment processor to pay for the first Rippaverse comic by other means.

Login to Me Too

Timerift
Contributor
Contributor

I would also like to express my dissatisfaction that Paypal is not releasing the funds that were paid to Eric [removed].  I paid with full knowledge that this was a pre-order for ISOM #1.  I expected that he would get access to the funds which I was attempting to give him.  To not give him access to those funds is not right especially given other "bigger" companies can offer pre-orders and those funds are available to those companies.  You all need to do better.

Login to Me Too

Ded_duc
New Community Member

Same for me. I know this is a pre-order. I sent my money to Eric [removed] and not PayPal. Release the money as it is not yours

Login to Me Too

DARTH_YASMIN

Same. I spent this money with the understanding that this was a pre-order. I'm deeply disappointed in PayPal. I've been with you for years and have never had an issue until now. Release the money that was given to July and Rippa LLC, freezing those funds without prior notification to either me or Mr. July is downright shameful.

Login to Me Too

poiuyyuiop
Contributor
Contributor

paypal (aka. **bleep**) stole my money too. Release MY money to the seller, Rippaverse.

Login to Me Too

trubea
Contributor
Contributor

Not terribly happy that this is how small businesses are treated, let alone minority owned businesses.  I do wonder what precedent PayPal is trying to set by punishing small businesses and favoring larger businesses that don't really need the money in the first place (and also, companies that have their own payment systems, not relying on one owned by fleabay).

Login to Me Too

roboclk
Contributor
Contributor

Literally same, this is disgusting as a user who uses paypal as a service/platform. I will gladly leave them and find someone who doesn't STEAL MY Money, that is meant to go to the person I bought to/from.

Login to Me Too

Johnoverbeek2
Contributor
Contributor

This is unacceptable the money I sent to Eric [removed] and Rippa LLC should have never been held by PayPal give him the money or I will be seeking legal action for not delivering my money to the company for my pre-order I choose where my money goes if you can’t be honest and transfer funds for me in the way that I choose the I’ll take my business somewhere else

Login to Me Too

Gade757
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal needs to release the money now or I will file a fraud complaint with the FTC and CFBP immediately.  Stop stealing my money. I want the product I paid for.

Login to Me Too

YagamiFire
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. I have reached out to Paypal THREE TIMES on this already and they have not responded and it has been 48 hours. This is a joke.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.