Eric [removed]/Rippaverse

jjoyner

I've been a PayPal customer since 2006 and made two payments to Eric [removed] for the Rippaverse. I heard he has not received any of the payments that customers have sent through PayPal. I demand that MY money be released to Eric [removed] immediately so I can receive the products I purchased. 

I am disappointed that PayPal finds it amusing to restrict the operations of a successful African-American entrepreneur in his efforts to establish a black-owned, small business that delivers high-quality content and product to consumers, both domestically and internationally. 

If this is not resolved by Friday, I will cease using PayPal and will ensure that others know not to trust this "Service" with their hard-earned money, especially Black-owned small businesses.

Login to Me Too
60 REPLIES 60

I would like to issue a formal complaint to PayPal regarding its hold on the payment I made to July & Rippa LLC for the preorder of Isom #1. I am fully aware that this is a preorder and do not require PayPal to withhold my payment to the seller until the product is shipped. I was not aware that PayPal would freeze an intentional payment to a legitimate small business for a product knowingly purchased in full understanding of the terms. I would like to reiterate that my intention was to pay July & Rippa LLC, not to have my payment held instead by PayPal. Please resolve this issue ASAP

Login to Me Too

nullmiah

Looks like PayPal is just another racist mega Corp trying to steal from the black small business community. I can use PayPal with all my white-owned businesses just fine. PayPal, quit being racist and let rippaverse have the money I gave him for my comic pre-order.

Login to Me Too

CanadamanDan
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, I'm in the same boat.  What the H-E-Double-Hockey-Stick does PayPal think they're doing withholding MY money (I sent for three (x3) pre-orders) from the vendor "July & Rippa LLC" ???  PayPal consider yourselves "on notice"...I WILL steer an extremely W-I-D-E birth (read: circumnavigate) around your "service" in the future and strongly suggest my fellow Canadian Veterans do the same!!

Login to Me Too

burtwalker

Me too, and I am **bleep**. I can’t trust PayPal anymore.

Login to Me Too

Shibilski

Wish I had just used my debit card and not checked out through PayPal.

Login to Me Too

GabrielLobo
New Community Member

I have been made aware by the seller ( Eric [removed], July & Rippa LLC ) that thousands of payments that he was supposed to receive from thousands of people including me, amounting to over one million dollars in sales have been put on hold. He does not have access to any of that money. I pre-ordered multiple products from his website and need my money to be accessible by the seller as soon as possible. How can I make PayPal release my money to the seller? I do not want any other option other than July & Rippa LLC receiving all my payments in full. I cannot help it but to think that PayPal is trying to steal my money at this point.

Login to Me Too

Teddyworm
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same situation ! This is outrageous. Stealing money from an independent creator practically. You can pre order Games with PayPal. Massive organisations can get it. Nice way to make it harder for the little guy! I use all my online transactions with PayPal from Australia. Get this sorted ASAP! No more excuses. 

Login to Me Too

GabrielLobo
New Community Member

It's blatant bullying.

Login to Me Too

Jokerthefool
Contributor
Contributor

Stop the steal!

Login to Me Too

CanadamanDan
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal....

Smarten up!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.