Eric [removed]/Rippaverse

jjoyner

I've been a PayPal customer since 2006 and made two payments to Eric [removed] for the Rippaverse. I heard he has not received any of the payments that customers have sent through PayPal. I demand that MY money be released to Eric [removed] immediately so I can receive the products I purchased. 

I am disappointed that PayPal finds it amusing to restrict the operations of a successful African-American entrepreneur in his efforts to establish a black-owned, small business that delivers high-quality content and product to consumers, both domestically and internationally. 

If this is not resolved by Friday, I will cease using PayPal and will ensure that others know not to trust this "Service" with their hard-earned money, especially Black-owned small businesses.

Login to Me Too
60 REPLIES 60

Obijuan024
New Community Member

I've had an account on Paypal since 2003. I am disturbed to find out that my money, which has been given freely by me, has been withheld from Eric [removed]. I understand that it is a pre-order and I knowingly sent him my money. The money is not yours to take and withhold. I am trying to lodge a formal complaint to Paypal, but the website has no remedy to this situation.

Understand that if my funds are not released to him, I will consider this theft. Paypal is an intermediary, with no legal right to deny payment. Please rectify this immediately. 

Login to Me Too

Rioukou
New Community Member

I sent 3 payments to July & Rippa LLC. He has not received access to those payments because you have held his funds from him. I want those funds released for access to July & Rippa LLC immediately. If this issue is not resolved then my account here will be terminated.

Login to Me Too

Teddyworm
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same situation ! This is outrageous. Stealing money from an independent creator practically. You can pre order Games with PayPal. Massive organisations can get it. Nice way to make it harder for the little guy! I use all my online transactions with PayPal from Australia. Get this sorted ASAP! No more excuses. 

Login to Me Too

If this is an indication of what I can expect in the future, I no longer wish to do business with Paypal. As a person trying to setup a small business where I am at, I will be looking elsewhere for a way to process payments.

I have zero confidence in Paypal now. Taking my money while simultaneously not paying the vendor is straight up theft. If you have an issue verifying that July and Rippa LLC is legitimate you could have fixed that before you took my money–at least then I could have paid direct and avoided this issue.

That trust is gone, and there would have to be a lot to happen before it could be built back up. I think that resolving the issue with July and Rippa LLC immediately is the only first step and I will not accept anything less than that.

Login to Me Too

Shadow_Wolf
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal stole my money too by not releasing it July & Rippa LLC aka Ripperverse comics. I knew the product I was ordering was a pre-order. I've done pre-orders with your service before. I expect my money to be immediately released to the company. My decision to continue to use PayPal services will be dependent upon how PayPal handles this situation

Login to Me Too

KingAdrock
Contributor
Contributor

I also want to state my DEEP disappointment and dissatisfaction with PayPal for holding my funds from July & Rippa LLC. I am and always was fully aware this was a pre-order. July & Rippa LLC were VERY clear on this. Remove this hold and release the funds to July & Rippa LLC immediately.

Login to Me Too

alexnthomas
Contributor
Contributor

I use Paypal for many personal transactions. The idea that Paypal can, without any justification, withhold funds from a seller is shocking.

I ordered this full and well knowing it was a pre-order. It says so on the website. If I did not see the seller's video explaining this, I would have had no explanation for any delays that may occur do to the bad practices of Paypal. This could damage the reputation of small business owners through no fault of their own. This is very bad for any small business that is considering using paypal.

A seller's ability to use paypal allows them to have the ease and security of large vendors for payments. That is Paypal's value-add to sellers. If this is how Paypal wishes to do business, they can expect to be replaced by alternatives. Paypal's ability to work with larger customers and partners comes from their marketshare of smaller businesses. This market is already becoming more competitive. If nothing is done to fix this, and not just this "one off mistake", but the stench it puts on Paypal's reputation, this will hurt their bottom line. If that does happen, I hope the shareholders rediscover this thread to understand how Paypal hobbled themselves while competing against Google and Apple.

Login to Me Too

edmunds62
Contributor
Contributor

Very Disappointed PayPal! Why have my funds that I sent to Rippaverse Eric D. [removed] been frozen? I will now be exploring other options to make online purchases. 

Login to Me Too

vrod884

Same here i want to ensure that paypal knows that i will get what i want. Paypal, do not hold my money. give it to eric J and the rippaverse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OqmZk3w4Lw

Login to Me Too

WRSaber
Contributor
Contributor

I have used PayPal since it's inception. In every other case but this one, my money has gone to the seller in question with no issues. This includes many preorders. Why this is a problem now makes me wonder whether PayPal is a legitimate business or a criminal organization. This looks and feels like theft. I paid for my product. I should be allowed to get it. Eric has done his due diligence and given you the information you asked for. Now release the money. As a side note, this will make me use your product a lot less in the future. I can find better uses for my money than giving it to faceless corporations that care nothing for their customers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.