Customer support

Lionell96
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I've tried to contact paypal through phone but they always hang up so i try to contact them via email but the automated bot always shows up. When he asks me if he could have helped me i choose "no, i need more help" and then it automatically closes the conversation and won't let me contact customer support in any way possible. What do i have to do now? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1,184 REPLIES 1,184

moureenmu
For me I can only see call us option when i click contact us
Login to Me Too

Incardonea4
Contributor
Contributor
Pay pal doesn't answer the phone , they don't respond to messages sent to them, can't find an email for them.HOW CAN THEY BE REACHED, does anyone have a solid contact for them?
Login to Me Too

polygogn
Contributor
Contributor

How does one talk to a real live PayPal person to complain about them, and their terrible service I am experiencing lately?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@polygogn

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

polygogn
Contributor
Contributor

Tried to do that but it never did anything when I clicked it so I sent a message

Login to Me Too

Aries1312
New Community Member

Ive dealt with pretty horrible customer service in my day. PayPal number one on that list. Unbelievable.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aries1312

ok, thats a shame.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BernieB
New Community Member

45 minutes on a chat with someone who kept trying to convince me the problem was not with them (happened with different services, and buying from different stores), gave me canned answers about using internet explorer when I mostly used the iPhone app. The representative told me to call the number and closed the chat when I was mid sentence typing.

Called the number, a series of recording make it impossible to talk to someone. Finally got a message saying they would call me back in 13-17 minutes. 

Got the call, pressed 1 to confirm it was me. "Calls are recorded"... call dropped... 

Had to go through the entire hell of getting to ask to speak to a customer representative

They will call you back in 17-26 minutes...

And all that BEFORE I was able to address one of the several problems I'm having

If there was a trophy for worst customer support, they'd have a wall lined with them (considering how things go nobody from the company will read this and if they do... nothing will happen).

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi BernieB and welcome, 

I am so sorry to hear what has happened. If you have any questions we are always happy to help you here. We cannot provide specific information but we can answer them in general for you. 

Please be assured that I will pass your feedback on regarding this as this is not the experience we want for our customers. 

Thanks for posting and sharing your feedback, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Onlythumper
Contributor
Contributor

False, you guys are NOT always "there" or "available" for us customers. We literally have to jump through fire hoops just to get in touch with a human, and then when we do, it's as if none of you are able to actually solve the problems.  I'm sorry but Paypal customer service is a joke.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.